Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! maybe someone can figure out my problem. After the first time I started using my heated grips I have shut them off by Ride Command and the buttons on the left side. Then i go to a stop and shut off the bike so when i return and start the bike they come back on to exact setting of warmth. I have turned them off numerous times and now every time i get on my bike to go somewhere they come on, so I have to turn them off every time. any suggestions?

·
German Rider
2,074 Posts
Normal. If you don't turn them off itself, then they will come on the next time to the last setting. Same on my Roadmaster.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Have you tried dialing them down one level at a time to no heat before shutting off the bike?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just got my bike and had the dealer install the heated grips. It seems every time I turn the bike on the grips are on low. I just updated the software and it may have corrected it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Normal. If you don't turn them off itself, then they will come on the next time to the last setting. Same on my Roadmaster.

Cu,
Sven
If you look at what I posted you will see that I have shut them off both with ride command and the button installed on left side. But when I shut down the bike it come back on.

·
German Rider
2,074 Posts
🤔
If you look at what I posted you will see that I have shut them off both with ride command and the button installed on left side. But when I shut down the bike it come back on.
You're right. Must have overlooked that. German thinking and english reading give problems sometimes...🤔😁

Cu,
Sven

·
243 Posts
Kill and restart your engine 3 times rapidly , not using you kill switch , just clutch and brake. Sounds stupid , but it will reset the VCM and the grips will shut off when the bike shuts off.
Worked well for me.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Kill and restart your engine 3 times rapidly , not using you kill switch , just clutch and brake. Sounds stupid , but it will reset the VCM and the grips will shut off when the bike shuts off.
Worked well for me.
That's a VCM reset? never heard of it.. but thanks for sharing.. will keep that in mind..

·
Registered
2021 Springfield Dark Horse
57 Posts
No unfortunately. ill take it in to dealership while its still under warranty
Well that is a bummer. Hopefully you can find out from them what is causing it so you can let us know. I plan on installing my heated grips on Sunday. Dealer is supposed to return my bike to me tomorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts