Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the longest time I've been against buying any heated gear, but after this weekend I think I need to bite the bulelt and get a pair of heated gloves. On Sunday it was 17 degrees when I left the house, attempting to ride in a toy run. When I stopped for gas my fingertips were purple and I had a hard time operating the clutch. After getting warmed up inside the station, I went home, feeling disappointed that I couldn't make it. Monday was just a bit better; it was 16 degrees when I left home for work, and fortunately, despite the numb fingertips, I made it in ok. I don't use a heated suit; when it gets that cold I wear a one piece suit by Motocentric.

I've been checking out a set of heated gloves - Ignitor by Fly Street. They are battery operated, which I want because I don't want to deal with plugging in. But the online reviews say they only heat up the back of the glove only.

Has anyone used these gloves? Or another brand of battery operated gloves?

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
I'm using Volt battery powered gloves and they work pretty well in 35 degree weather. When on half power mode, they keep my fingers pretty toasty for up to 3 hours. I think 16 degrees is pushing it since the batteries don't last long enough when in full power mode.

Consider adding silk or poly glove liners. They add to the warmth to any pair of gloves.

Heated Gloves

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using Volt battery powered gloves and they work pretty well in 35 degree weather. When on half power mode, they keep my fingers pretty toasty for up to 3 hours. I think 16 degrees is pushing it since the batteries don't last long enough when in full power mode.

Consider adding silk or poly glove liners. They add to the warmth to any pair of gloves.

Heated Gloves
I appreciate the advice about the Volt gloves. I've tried both silk and poly glove liners, without either one working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts