Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am looking for someone that would let me use their exhaust heat shields to scan and develop a Heat Shield Liner Kit. I will pay 2nd Day Air shipping to and from our Cleveland location and provide you with a free kit when we are finished. We will need your shields in house 1-2 business days. You can see an example of the kits here.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Hello I am looking for someone that would let me use their exhaust heat shields to scan and develop a Heat Shield Liner Kit. I will pay 2nd Day Air shipping to and from our Cleveland location and provide you with a free kit when we are finished. We will need your shields in house 1-2 business days. You can see an example of the kits here.

I'll do it. send the details!

·
Registered
508 Posts
DEI is a good company and they've been working on heat shields for all sorts of bikes and applications. I had one on my 16RM.

·
Registered
22 Posts

Need any for a scout? I can send pipes and shield

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im curious, why heat shield liners ?
Id be willing in a couple months from now when weather gets to cold for riding
Im curious, why heat shield liners ?
Id be willing in a couple months from now when weather gets to cold for riding
Good Question. The Heat Shield Liners will lower the heat radiating through the heat shields by about 50%, giving the rider and passenger a much more comfortable ride. The kits line every heat shield on the head pipe. A typical kit for touring bikes lines the front and rear head pipes, the catalytic converter, and the small shield on the left side of the bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I attempted to send you a PM, but I guess that as a new user, I'm not permitted.
I have a 2019 Chieftain. And out here in Vegas, it's hot. And those pipes are hot. It's 117f hot. And yet I still ride. But I'll take the wife's Can Am or her car for a couple days if you need the heat shields in order to help make my bike a little bit cooler.
Mine has 10k miles.
Thanks
Bishop

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Good Question. The Heat Shield Liners will lower the heat radiating through the heat shields by about 50%, giving the rider and passenger a much more comfortable ride. The kits line every heat shield on the head pipe. A typical kit for touring bikes lines the front and rear head pipes, the catalytic converter, and the small shield on the left side of the bike.
Sounds good. Im willing to send mine to you in the late fall early winter. I have a 2019 Chieftain Limited

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
511 Posts
Not being a mechanic, engineer or rocket scientist, I'll ask a dumb question if the liners block 50% of the heat isn't it then being forced to stay in the engine causing it to run hotter?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not being a mechanic, engineer or rocket scientist, I'll ask a dumb question if the liners block 50% of the heat isn't it then being forced to stay in the engine causing it to run hotter?
Good Question. We are blocking heat radiating out through the pipes and the heat shields. We are not blocking or limiting exhaust flow through the exhaust system. The heat travels out of the mufflers as intended.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I attempted to send you a PM, but I guess that as a new user, I'm not permitted.
I have a 2019 Chieftain. And out here in Vegas, it's hot. And those pipes are hot. It's 117f hot. And yet I still ride. But I'll take the wife's Can Am or her car for a couple days if you need the heat shields in order to help make my bike a little bit cooler.
Mine has 10k miles.
Thanks
Bishop
Thanks, We were able to get shields for the 2021 as well as the 2014-2020 Indian touring bikes. We have 2 kit about to be released that will fit the Chief, Chieftain, Roadmaster, and Springfield Models.
Thanks,

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks, We were able to get shields for the 2021 as well as the 2014-2020 Indian touring bikes. We have 2 kit about to be released that will fit the Chief, Chieftain, Roadmaster, and Springfield Models.
Thanks,
This is great, please let us know when these are released.

I have a set of take off heatshields for a 2020 Challenger if you ever decide to go there I could send them to you for templating.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is great, please let us know when these are released.

I have a set of take off heatshields for a 2020 Challenger if you ever decide to go there I could send them to you for templating.
Here is a pic showing what is in the Chief, Chieftain, Roadmaster, Springfield kits. Available soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does it effectively solve the arrival of heat from the catalyst?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The kits will reduce about 50% of the heat that radiates through the heat shields. The feedback we have received on our Harley kits has been very good and the Indians have a similar situation with a Cat in a similar location.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The kits are live on our website now. You can use code Summer21 to receive 10% off your order.

Heat Shield Liners – DEI Powersports

We have the Indian Challenger Shields arriving this week and we will have those scanned and ready soon.
I’m confused about the Scout kits. There’s mention that the Scout kit includes new clamps. I didn’t see a kit and called to ask about it. I was told there isn’t a kit and I would need to order the universal kit.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts