Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought of fabricating a heat Shield to put over the CAT section on their RM. The light bulb went on when riding home from work and my hamstring started getting toasty warm. I was thinking since the RM has adjustable floor boards for the passenger, how about using the lowest slot to secure the heat Shield just enough to cover the CAT and maybe extend a few inches on both ends. Something out of a polished metal to blend with the bike but assist with the heat and direct it to the rest as opposed to it rising. I can invision it, I just don't have the skill set or the tools. I know you can get it de-cated,but I was looking for something else. Anyways just a thought.

·
Founding member
1,507 Posts
True duals is the only way to go. Eliminate the cat. Divide the exhaust between the two mufflers. Better performance. Better sound and so much cooler. I've done it to 2 Chieftains and one Roadmaster. The only way to go. Just make sure when you do you dont let the Indian dealer put an Indian tune in it. Use Fuel moto or loydz.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
This is the first time I’ve ever heard anyone say true duals will increase performance. I’ve always heard true duals kill performance in a TS111/116 motor. Sound good and look good, absolutely. Increase performance? I’m no expert but have always heard the opposite.

I went with a Jackpot header from Fuelmoto. No cat, no tinny or pinging sound in the exhaust, looks stock, just slightly louder.

·
Bronze member
4,313 Posts
True duals kill low to mid range torque in All engines because there is no exhaust scavenging.

·
Registered
2018 Chieftain DH
74 Posts
Has anyone thought of fabricating a heat Shield to put over the CAT section on their RM. The light bulb went on when riding home from work and my hamstring started getting toasty warm. I was thinking since the RM has adjustable floor boards for the passenger, how about using the lowest slot to secure the heat Shield just enough to cover the CAT and maybe extend a few inches on both ends. Something out of a polished metal to blend with the bike but assist with the heat and direct it to the rest as opposed to it rising. I can invision it, I just don't have the skill set or the tools. I know you can get it de-cated,but I was looking for something else. Anyways just a thought.
there is a company called American Classic, you send them your Cat, they gut it, put a small baffle in for left pipe flow, and send it back to you. $199. they claim no reprogramming is required. reduces your entire exhaust temp, even up to the heads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts