Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else added the “Crotch Cooler” from captain-itch.com? Wow, what a difference. Quality leather flap that shields right thigh. Works as intended and looks great.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
I've got one. It does what it says.

When I had some work done on my bike in the summer (it got pretty hot here in Australia last summer) they forgot to put it on again. I didn't notice it and rode the bike out. Several blocks of city traffic and my right thigh was roasting when stopped at lights. I looked down and saw the problem. I turned around and went back and they put it on for me. Riding through the same traffic at the same high temps was a lot more comfortable. That was the moment I realised how well it works.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,101 Posts
I had the same thing at stops & slow going on that 2015 Chieftain but it never was so bad that it was burning hot. Now that I have a water cooled Scout the only noticeable heat is from the rear exhaust header while stopped.

·
Bronze member
1,555 Posts
I haven't sat on a bike with a crotch cooler, but I do have two of my Indian's without the Cat. That is where the problem resides, so I chose to fix it at the source and not use some other means of deflecting it. Was riding through Wyoming and SoDak last week on my RM in 95 - 105 temps, and while riding when it's that hot is never comfortable, I never had any issue feeling like my leg was getting cooked any more than the rest of my body.

Reactions: Richvic74

·
Registered
8 Posts
What does it cost to have the cat gutted? Or have real headers installed? Anybody in AZ have a go to shop?

·
Bronze member
1,555 Posts
What does it cost to have the cat gutted? Or have real headers installed? Anybody in AZ have a go to shop?
I paid $200 (plus core) for a head pipe that had the cat removed and replaced the head pipe myself. Got the pipes from a local dealer and I am sure there are other places that do this on a core basis. If you were to have the dealership install it, it would be 1-2 hours of labor at whatever there shop rate is.

Reactions: Farwest
1 - 8 of 8 Posts