Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have tried the serval different ways and have had no success in getting this to work constantly.

I have a Sena Packtalk Bold. I have paired it to my phone and it works great. Music, calls, all work. I paired it to my bike as a GPS and it will not stay connected to the bike at all. It keeps dropping off.

I want to hear my music over the faring speakers and only hear the GPS commands thru the headset.

Has anyone figured this out and can share their process?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
478 Posts
Not sure if this is your issue but I made my phone 'forget' the bluetooth connection to my Sena 20s. Then I connected it to the bike and have had no issues. I cant recall what my symptom was, but I figured that the sena was trying to connect to both the phone and the bike and that is no bueno. Side note for listening thru your head set it's all or nothing. You cant listen to GPS from the headset and music from the speakers, you get both whichever way you select.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
478 Posts
Just an update to the above post I have a 2019 Chieftain not a Challenger but I suspect it's the same. Just did not want to mislead you that I had the same bike as you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I replied about this in another thread.

Pairing should be phone to bike, headset to bike.

Check my reply in that post to see if it resolves your issue.

·
Bronze member
4,315 Posts
This seems to be the best way that works.

1. Make sure in the phone you select to forget this device for your Sena
2. Pair your Sena with the Ride Command (remember use the phone pairing mode on the Sena, the Ride Command is a phone for Bluetooth purposes)
3. Then pair your phone with the Ride Command

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well to complicate matters, I have a 2020 roadmaster and an interphone com set in my helmet google pixel phone. The headset is paired to the bike and phone. It was a pain and there is a specific "boot up" order I must take to get all working. I leave the headset off when I start the bike. The phone connects to the bike almost immediately. I leave it that way for 5 minutes or so then I power up my headset. I then leave it alone for another 5 minutes. I then activate the Intercom function on my headset and everything works. I have spent hours to figure this out. Its nice because all the functions work through the helmet, turn by turn directions handlebar controls for volume, skip track etc work. If a phone call comes in I have to answer by pressing the answer button on my headset otherwise I can not be heard. Making calls out requires me to ask google to do it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well to complicate matters, I have a 2020 roadmaster and an interphone com set in my helmet google pixel phone. The headset is paired to the bike and phone. It was a pain and there is a specific "boot up" order I must take to get all working. I leave the headset off when I start the bike. The phone connects to the bike almost immediately. I leave it that way for 5 minutes or so then I power up my headset. I then leave it alone for another 5 minutes. I then activate the Intercom function on my headset and everything works. I have spent hours to figure this out. Its nice because all the functions work through the helmet, turn by turn directions handlebar controls for volume, skip track etc work. If a phone call comes in I have to answer by pressing the answer button on my headset otherwise I can not be heard. Making calls out requires me to ask google to do it.
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

This was super easy on my Victory Magnum. It worked flawlessly without issues.

I did this procedure today and it worked after repairing the device to the bike as a phone and not a GPS unit. I guess it was throwing things off having the Cardo connected to phone before it made the connection to the bike.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured it out after hearing all of the suggestions and it works great.

No issues all day yesterday with using the system once I figured it out.

Key tip that made this work for me was to pair the Cardio to the bike as a phone and not a GPS. It appears that this opens the door for the audio to be routed properly.

I made a quick video explaining the process. So everyone can get this working.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I figured it out after hearing all of the suggestions and it works great.

No issues all day yesterday with using the system once I figured it out.

Key tip that made this work for me was to pair the Cardio to the bike as a phone and not a GPS. It appears that this opens the door for the audio to be routed properly.

I made a quick video explaining the process. So everyone can get this working.

When you pair the headset in the second slot on the bike do you still have the phone paired to the headset or do you disconnect phone from headset?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok, I have tried the serval different ways and have had no success in getting this to work constantly.

I have a Sena Packtalk Bold. I have paired it to my phone and it works great. Music, calls, all work. I paired it to my bike as a GPS and it will not stay connected to the bike at all. It keeps dropping off.

I want to hear my music over the faring speakers and only hear the GPS commands thru the headset.

Has anyone figured this out and can share their process?

It appears you have your pairing issue fixed. Ive found that sometimes you need to unpaired & start over. I have a '17 RM & my issue is when playing music from Ride Command i cannot adjust volume by the handlebar controls. Also cannot use its tone settings. Volume could stand to be louder. Ride Command & headset firmware are up to date. Headset has a lot of volume if paired direct to my ipod touch mp3 player (not Ride Command). I wish we still could plug in a headset. Simple & good sound

1 - 15 of 15 Posts