Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all you Scouters

As from today 8/17 with some trepidation I have ended all dealings with IKON Suspension, as I have grown very very tired of their extremely poorer service, lead times and quality, from the start their has always been a constant struggle to get them to maintain my specification and high quality of standards to the DS Classic line of suspension that I developed for the Indian Scout, a suspension that truly was scout suspension specific.

I no longer will be supporting IKON Suspension and any of their products now or in the future, and also no longer maintaining my membership as a vendor on this site.

I thank you for your support and will continue to help the scout owners out now and in the future.

Reg
DS

·
Registered
892 Posts
Dang man, sorry for your woes. Do you have any recommended alternatives in mind?

Reactions: DarkScout

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Hi all you Scouters

As from today with some trepidation I have ended all dealings with IKON Suspension, as I have grown very very tired of their extremely pore service, lead times and quality, from the start their has always been a constant struggle to get them to maintain my specification and high quality of standards to the DS Classic line of suspension that I developed for the Indian Scout, a suspension that truly was scout suspension specific.

I no longer will be supporting IKON Suspension and any of their products now or in the future, and also no longer maintaining my membership as a vendor on this site.

I thank you for your support and will continue to help the scout owners out now and in the future.

Reg
DS
Hey Keith, sorry for your problems and I hope they don't become mine since I bought the DS Ikons.

BTW-You might want to change your signature now.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,899 Posts
Sorry to see you drop your product. I constantly struggle with my suppliers. I know the frustration. It seems that today people only care about $. You have had a great reputation on this forum, so thanks for your efforts. I am becoming frustrated also with this site. It seems to function poorly. The new owners seem to have bought it and left it out in the rain. They sent me a bill with out any identifying what the bill was for. I checked them out to find that their data base was hacked. So I asked them to email me a bill and I will pay over the phone per one of their options. No response so far. The users of this site are great and I hope it doesn't fall apart. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts

·
Banned
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to see you drop your product. I constantly struggle with my suppliers. I know the frustration. It seems that today people only care about $. You have had a great reputation on this forum, so thanks for your efforts. I am becoming frustrated also with this site. It seems to function poorly. The new owners seem to have bought it and left it out in the rain. They sent me a bill with out any identifying what the bill was for. I checked them out to find that their data base was hacked. So I asked them to email me a bill and I will pay over the phone per one of their options. No response so far. The users of this site are great and I hope it doesn't fall apart. Best of luck to you.

I to have been experiencing the very same issues that only add to my frustration and atemps to maintain a high level of service.

·
Banned
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you give specifics on issues pertaining to quality?
There's no one specific issue with IKON SUSPENSION in general, the DS line of suspension was at a higher quality than any other it's just ikon found it difficult to maintain my level in standards in service that I require from any supplier, and I grew tired of them because of it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
There's no one specific issue with IKON SUSPENSION in general, the DS line of suspension was at a higher quality than any other it's just ikon found it difficult to maintain my level in standards in service that I require from any supplier, and I grew tired of them because of it.
Thanks for the effort you put into developing and maintaining your product and sorry to hear the supplier issues have forced you to this decision. A salute to you for not compromising your standards.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Keith,
Sorry to hear about your woes with IKON. It will be them that miss out, because your setup and helpfulness was second to none, and they should have been thankful to have an ambassador such as yourself.
A lot of riders will miss out now because your set up truly makes the Scout a pleasure to ride.
Anyway, I personally thank you for all the time and effort you put in to make my experience so much better, and will think of you when I'm fanging it through the twisties.
Cheers Mate

·
Rider
1,011 Posts
Keith,

Sorry about all the BS you've endured. It was great dealing with you. You put out a damn good product, at a damn good price too. Wishing you further success in the future. - JJ

PS- You still owe a few of us a beer here State side....I won't forget either! LOL

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
There's no one specific issue with IKON SUSPENSION in general, the DS line of suspension was at a higher quality than any other it's just Ikon found it difficult to maintain my level in standards in service that I require from any supplier, and I grew tired of them because of it.
That is bad news Buddy. And its not like there is another shock manufacturer nearby Huh? All the best Buddy, with any other projects in the wings. And there is one,....remember a while ago I said I wanted to run something past you? well, this Ikon thing ending may just well be the opportune time to bridge it. Ill do my pretty pictures, measurements, business plan (?) and give you a PM.

Chin up Buddy!!!:cool::p:D;):)
Your Pal ,...Al
Alpal

·
Registered
35 Posts
Darkscout, I'm truly sorry to hear you're dropping back. You've really helped pioneer a quality suspension for the Scout. Thanks for the thousands of miles you put in trying to improve the ride. I look forward to seeing what you do next.

·
Founding member
1,759 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with your suppliers. I can only imagine your frustration after dealing with this on so many fronts from Polaris and Ikon. I'm still a fan of Polaris and my Scout, but they pushed them out the door with issues that should have been ironed out in product testing and quality control.

I still appreciate the suspension you supplied for me and it still rides great. You did an amazing job. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

·
Bronze member
2,244 Posts
Sorry to hear you had this problem.

I have a couple of MC oriented accessory sites (but they don't have products for Indian bikes).

One of the USA distributors I used to work with (they closed down) was the Ikon importer.

They said they dropped the line for just the types of issues you had, although this was 5 years ago. They claimed they had many thousands of dollars worth of leaking and out of spec shocks that Ikon would just not own up to and replace.

I had kind of blown that excuse off since they also brought in a nice line of product from Germany and claimed a ton of problems with it (as excuses for their poor service to me).

But another guy picked up that line and has done a really stellar job with it. So, it wasn't the maker it was that particular importer.

Funny thing about the MC biz, I was in a similar "enthusiast based field" (another type of giant expensive toys) and it was far more professional that the MC biz. In the MC biz if you place 10 orders to suppliers 4-6 of them will be gummed up somehow. In that other biz it was more like 1 out of 20 or so.

I import custom-made shocks from Europe and did not discuss them here since you were already serving the needs of the Scout riders (no need for too many fish in a small pond) but maybe I will see what can be done since you have thrown in the towel.

Everything I have heard says you were fighting the good fight for the riders, so very sorry to hear they outlasted you.

Best of luck going forward.

WD./

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is truly a sad state of affairs. I took delivery of my '16 Scout ABS last June and was looking forward to adorning her with the Dark Scout gear in the near future. Sorry to hear DS, I hope we can do business in the future somehow! Cheers mate, happy roads ahead!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts