Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drivers flash their highbeams at me whenever I ride at night! I must be blinding them! So I flick my highbeam back at them to let them know mine is not on. That satisfies them, but it sure is annoying. I guess it's great that I'm seen, but I feel that I'm unnecessarily bright, especially at a stop light.

Has anyone else noticed this? What have you done about it?

·
Registered
743 Posts
hmm haven't ridden at night on the FTR yet so haven't noticed to be honest.
I'd agree with Max, see whether you can adjust the angle down a little to sort it out

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adjust it down a bit?
I haven't checked the aim since I bought it. I thought I'd see if anyone else noticed this before I dive in.

·
Silver member
5,458 Posts
Doesn’t it depend on how it was adjusted from the factory, the typical load/weight, suspension adjustment....

Mine was too low. Fortunately, it’s super easy to adjust.

·
German Rider
1,664 Posts
The cager just want you to know they have seen you, so all is good. 😁

Cu,
Sven

Reactions: MaustinTX

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I roughly adjusted my headlight. I loosened the screws on either side of the headlight, and pointed it way the hell down! It didn't actually move much because the top of the headlight hits the opening of the cowl. So really, I just adjusted it down some, and tightened it up. It seems to illuminate a reasonable amount of road, and the cagers have stopped winking their highbeams at me. Maybe someday I'll measure how far from spec it is.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cager
a popular word among motorcyclists and bicyclists for four wheeled motor vehicle drivers. The term is often used in a derogative sense, because the car body effectively forms a cage, isolating the said driver from having to interact with other road users.

The term was coined by motorcyclists.
"Some ignorant cager nearly hit me while I was biking. Idiot obviously wants a U-lock to the face."
#motorcyclist#cyclist#u-lock justice#crackberry#moron
by Falkon November 06, 2006

1 - 11 of 11 Posts