Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2018 Springfield. While riding I turned the auxiliary lights on. Everything was fine. The next time I rode the bike, the auxiliary lights came on on their own because I stopped the engine with them on. But now the headlight will not come on, I cannot turn the auxiliary lights off, and the blue high beam light flashes on the instrument cluster.

Any suggestions on what to do or try before I take it to the dealer? I’m hoping this is just something stupid on my part.

Thanks!

·
Rider
327 Posts
Sounds like you need to replace the headlight bulb. From the owners manual... " This indicator will flash if there is a problem with the low or high beam light"

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I thought that, too. But it is a brand new bike, and I thought I would ask before I took it to the dealer. I know parts can be bad from the beginning before any real use.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sounds like a good time for LED upgrade if you have extra coin to drop on it. Yeah I would expect a bulb to be blown this soon but crap happens I guess

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, I’ve been waiting to get this fixed for when I take the bike in for the 500 mile service. Rode to work and the headlight wasn’t working. Pulled into the garage this afternoon and noticed the high beam indicator wasn’t flashing anymore. Sure enough, the headlight is working again.

Must be a loose connection somewhere.

·
Silver member
4,419 Posts
So, I’ve been waiting to get this fixed for when I take the bike in for the 500 mile service. Rode to work and the headlight wasn’t working. Pulled into the garage this afternoon and noticed the high beam indicator wasn’t flashing anymore. Sure enough, the headlight is working again.

Must be a loose connection somewhere.
Reach up in the nacelle and make sure the plug is connected tightly. It's just a three prong H8 connector...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, it appears the problem was a bad connector. It has been replaced and so far, so good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts