Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw some posts from a few years ago about putting aftermarket trim visors on an Indian, but didn't see anything recent. I just purchased a new 2019 leftover Springfield and would like to add the visors, but haven't been able to find any. Has anyone out there had any luck? Loved the way they looked on my Heritage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hello brindian, i have these trim visors on my 2016 springfield i picked up on ebay:

they fit great and it's very easy to do

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw similar item on JP Cycles site. I measured the passing lights (the actual bulb inside the ring from edge to edge) on my 2019 SF and they are 4". So I called JP to see if the 4.5" they showed would fit and was told no. Wonder if you could do me a big favor and measure the width of your passing light bulbs and tell me what you get. My initial thought was that a 4.5" light doesn't really measure 4.5" like a 2" x 4" stud doesn't really measure 2" x 4". Thanks much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
the exposed diameter of my passing light bulb is 4".
the whole bulb measures closer to 4.5" lip-to-lip underneath the aluminum trim piece.
the visors are made from thin aluminum, so they have a little play in them.
the visor has a ridge at the top that's made to slide behind the headlight trim, which is then clipped to the bulb assembly from behind.
the whole thing is held in place in the socket with one philips screw on the bottom. it's pretty secure!
i have had them on my bike for over a year and a half and have not had any problems.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bill. That's a great help. The dealer told me they don't know of anyone making visors to fit Indians. I get the impression they didn't want to get involved in aftermarket parts. My old H-D dealer went out of their way to get whatever I was looking for if they didn't have an OEM part. I personally think there's no comparison in the quality between Indian and H-D, but that doesn't hold true for the difference in dealers - at least in my experience. I'm not much of a wrench so if I have any problem I may be back in touch. Thanks again for the input and help.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I have the 7 inch light with the visor installed. The two sidelights are also LED - however, I am not convinced they will work with a visor. Has anyone installed the visor on LED lights - the two on each side of the headlight?

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have visors on all 3 of my front lights, but i am not using LEDs.
i would imaging that all side lights have a chrome trim ring like i have on mine --
if you have trim rings on your LEDs, just loosen the trim ring screw enough so that you can tuck the visor under the ring, and retighten.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to see if the dealer can install the passing light visors I have for my 2019 Spgfld tomorrow when I take my bike in for service - provided it doesn't rain - the dealer is 70 miles away. I have LED lights so I'll let you know if I'm successful. The kid that works on my bike there is really good about making things work that others tell me can't be done. I'll get back to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts