Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone out there selling the headers with the cat removed? I'd prefer not to destroy my stock one in case California gets more stupid than normal and starts checking for them.

Daveg53

·
Silver member
4,823 Posts

·
Rider
1,089 Posts
Freedom Performance and Rinehart both make a true dual header system for Indians. I also think Rush does too. Each system has no cat.

·
Silver member
4,629 Posts
You have Fuelmoto's Jackpot, get a take off stock header from a dealer for the rear pipe. A lot of them throw them away. The Rinehart Slimline Dual's are not true dual's, which is good. They have a "power chamber" that connects the two exhaust providing a good path for proper scavenging to take place. They are a torquey header as a result.

As pointed out American Custom's will alter yours or sell one outright. They are a little more restrictive than the Jackpot and Rinehart header. But a good option.

True Dual's will kill the mid-range. I had a set given to me to develop tunes (the owner went with the Rinehart Slimline Dual's). I can attest you will loose torque and yes it is very noticeable. I could not wait to get the off my bike.

I have been told from a tuner I trust the Bassani TD's tune very well. They are designed differently than Freedom's in that they maintain equal length head pipes. I cannot comment if they suffer from mid-range torque loss, but can't see how they would not to some extent.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wen ahead and sent my header in to have the cat removed. I've also purchased a Dynojet PV3 from Fuel Moto; I'm still awaiting delivery on both. I still have stock mufflers, but have heard that will help performance if I knock the caps out of the mufflers. Does anyone have intel on this....is it better to knock the caps out or leave them in?

·
Silver member
4,629 Posts
Knocking out the plug in the center gets the stock flowing as well as the high performance slipon’s. I ran like that until I got slipon’s more for the sound.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts