Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I have the 2020 dark horse challenger is the headrest on the front fender supposed to light up or is this a added on extra?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Welcome to the tribe. Yes it should. My Headrest lights up, is there a cable going to it?
I like your name Hamm3r, I have a Victory Hammer rides well. I assume you are a Kiwi, my wife and I love your island, so pretty and grouse to ride

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not in Australia.....None of the warbonnets light up on any Challenger model.
Does the Headset (warbonnet) have the facility to be wired in or is it a completely different housing, with out a lamp or internal holder? Pity I like how they look at night

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does the Headset (warbonnet) have the facility to be wired in or is it a completely different housing, with out a lamp or internal holder? Pity I like how they look at night
I put some LED's in mine. ran the wiring up into the fairing, where the connector is there for it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just went to the Indian motor cycle web site and the Headset looks completely different to my RM. Well done wiring yours in , it surprises me that it was not standard. Maybe on the elite models

·
Registered
309 Posts
Okay.... I didnt know that the connector is is called a Molex, learn something every day. How did you run the 2 core from the lamp? Looking at your photos shows how different the War bonnet is to mine, slimmer design which is to be expected considering the mudguard and wheel are not as large - proportional considering.
Is there facility under the guard to run the 2 core harness? how did you come up the fork leg?

·
Registered
79 Posts
No I have a RM
Ok, I'm not sure what wiring there is for the RM......It might be the same. The Challenger has the wiring holder under the fender. The wiring comes out on the side of the fender and is cable tied to the ABS cable and the brake hose up into the fairing.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Does anyone have the part number for the connector and pins? Just picked up my Challenger base model and thought this would light up. So, now have to fix it. TIA

·
Bronze member
1,816 Posts
Okay.... I didnt know that the connector is is called a Molex, learn something every day. How did you run the 2 core from the lamp? Looking at your photos shows how different the War bonnet is to mine, slimmer design which is to be expected considering the mudguard and wheel are not as large - proportional considering.
Is there facility under the guard to run the 2 core harness? how did you come up the fork leg?
Molex is a brand name of the manufacturer. Name sticks often to certain styles available in different styles, wire gauge etc.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does anyone have the part number for the connector and pins? Just picked up my Challenger base model and thought this would light up. So, now have to fix it. TIA
The pins are tiny little suckers......order some extras. ;-) As an indication, the graph paper in the pics, is 5mm squares.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts