Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking at replacing my headlight and fog lights on my 2016 Springfield. I am interested in Halogen lighting Any recommendations are welcomed. I don't want to sound cheap, but looking at my budget I'll be spending between $70 to $100. Took a ride last night and I think my eyesight may be wanting. Turned 52 this last January and my eyesight at night is not as good now as it was last year. Still have the original bulbs installed. Any suggestions welcomed.

·
Bronze member
2,171 Posts
I had swapped out the Indian LEDs from my Roadmaster so rather than sell them for near nothing I installed them in my wife's Springfield.
While nowhere near as bright as the JW Speaker setup in my Roadmaster they are a big upgrade from the OEM incandescent bulbs in the Springfield.

Keep an eye open in the For Sale Forum and watch for a set there. You'll be much happier than just replacing halogen bulbs and the they have a nice OEM Indian look to them.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I installed the Sylvania xenon filled bulbs in spots & headlight. Reaimed. MUUUCH brighter! I have to turn the spots off for oncoming traffic or I get occasional flashes. I still hate the headlight design though. Aim it for low beam, & high is in the trees, so I just went somewhere in between.

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

I am looking at replacing my headlight and fog lights on my 2016 Springfield. I am interested in Halogen lighting Any recommendations are welcomed. I don't want to sound cheap, but looking at my budget I'll be spending between $70 to $100. Took a ride last night and I think my eyesight may be wanting. Turned 52 this last January and my eyesight at night is not as good now as it was last year. Still have the original bulbs installed. Any suggestions welcomed.
You might check with Rich at Rivco. They have LED bulb replacements. Pretty much plug n play. You could do just the headlight bulb in your budget. It is super bright without having to go with the whole light install...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you gentlemen for the suggestions!

·
Super Moderator
4,961 Posts
Hi,

Since I have a '14 and can't go LED (without ECM upgrade) I chose the Xenon bulbs, MUCH brighter and NO additional cost for upgrades!!

·
Bronze member
2,245 Posts
Took a ride last night and I think my eyesight may be wanting. Turned 52 this last January and my eyesight at night is not as good now as it was last year.
Text Font Line Diagram Parallel

HTH.

WD./

1 - 9 of 9 Posts