Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I've seen videos like this before. What do you suppose they did to the engine to allow it to pull the bike up like that?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It’s not as hard as you would think. When I was younger and a lot more foolish I could wheelie pretty well for quite a long distance with the boss lady on the back of my Electra Glide. I know I know stupid shit with her on. But it was the only way I could get that thing to stand up. Now that kids bike has some serious HP and motor work done to do that. Believe me I owned a RG lol and that’s not happening ! A Brother of mine in our club has one built like that and this kids pretty good himself. But he’s putting 158 HP to the back wheel. He can stand it up at almost any time and that’s what makes the difference

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
365 Posts
I must be in the minority....I think that guy is a fool. I wont deny his ability...but that kind of riding should not be performed on public streets. No matter how talented you are. There are other people on the road to consider.
I'm in that same minority.. not on an open street, and not in a tee shirt and ball cap even on a closed course!! Oh.. oh yeah and not on a $35,000 bike unless it's owned by a sponsor.

·
Registered
337 Posts
It doesn't HAVE to have engine work done to pull it it up.
It's technique, and about 10-15 less lbs in the rear tire that makes it happen.
Great rider.
Not so good of a thinker.
Take it Off the streets...
You may be right but I seriously doubt that rear tire is 10-15 lbs low. That's half the tire pressure. It that were the case it would be more obvious in the video.
I'm sure some pressure was removed, but it looks more like torque, horsepower and a very accomplished rider to me.

·
Registered
416 Posts
That guys got skills. Some of those guys also run chains. Here's a local guy that stunt rides a sportster.

Phil

·
Bronze member
2,985 Posts
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !! I'm impressed.I'll give him 5 dollars for that machine,or should I say,what's left of it after he's finished performing his little dog and pony show !! And then,he'll bring it back to the dealership and complain about all these problems this "lemon" has suddenly developed.
And then, there's a time and a place to play squirrel like he's doin,but it's NOT on a public street.If any of us saw that,that machine would immediately be impounded and he 'd immediately be in cuffs and in the back of the cruiser so fast,his head would spin.

And the average rider wonders why the general public hates em so much.I can't understand it!! But that little dog and pony show posted above is just one of the reasons!!

·
Silver member
4,835 Posts
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW !! I'm impressed.I'll give him 5 dollars for that machine,or should I say,what's left of it after he's finished performing his little dog and pony show !! And then,he'll bring it back to the dealership and complain about all these problems this "lemon" has suddenly developed.
And then, there's a time and a place to play squirrel like he's doin,but it's NOT on a public street.If any of us saw that,that machine would immediately be impounded and he 'd immediately be in cuffs and in the back of the cruiser so fast,his head would spin.

And the average rider wonders why the general public hates em so much.I can't understand it!! But that little dog and pony show posted above is just one of the reasons!!
If I saw a guy riding like that I'd just watch the show. Butt hey, I'm glad to know there are the more upstanding and straight laced citizens here :giggle:

·
Registered
48 Posts
The real trick to the bikes performing the way they do is the gearing. If you watch the video of the guy on the sportster, when he makes the turn and goes past with the right side of the bike showing (drive side on a sportster) you can see the size of the sprocket. Normally they would be in the neighborhood of 38-42 teeth, most stunt guys run in the high 60's.

You can grab the front brake putting at an idle and crack the throttle and spin the back tire, also makes lifting the front end much easier and slows the whole bike making it easier to control.

·
Silver member
4,629 Posts
I've seen videos like this before. What do you suppose they did to the engine to allow it to pull the bike up like that?
I had a friend that could pull any Harley up like that with no problem. He had an ultra classic stage 1, would pop and ride a wheelie anytime and anywhere. If you watch what this guy does, he bounces and pulls it up, my friend did the same.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts