Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,587 Posts
I bet some eyebrows have been raised at those figures. Don't want HD to die at all but it's sure nice to see the Indian numbers. Second quarter's going to be a different story, of course....

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I look up stock for Indian it is all under Polaris Inc. I honestly don't Understand the stock market anyway. When you say Indian sales are up, Is that just motorcycles? or all of Polaris' products (ATV, Snowmobiles, ETC...)??

·
Bronze member
2,661 Posts
When I look up stock for Indian it is all under Polaris Inc. I honestly don't Understand the stock market anyway. When you say Indian sales are up, Is that just motorcycles? or all of Polaris' products (ATV, Snowmobiles, ETC...)??
Think of Polaris as the equivalent to General Motors. You can’t buy Chevy stock either. Also, the way companies record sales figures can vary from corporation to corporation. I don’t know if Polaris gives sales figures for each of their power sport brands, or if they lump them all together.

·
Registered
165 Posts
OK that is what i thought when i looked at it as well. I was just on WWW.Polaris.COM They sell a lot of other Vehicles. I bet the commercial vehicles sales help. Did you see the TimberSled? That thing is AWESOME!!!

·
Senior member / rider
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The sales I quoted were Indian only. For info all other segments of Polaris were down.

·
Bronze member
3,435 Posts
when PII releases their quarterly results they do break them down to each segment... you will not get units sold however... what you will get is an overall income... but they will break it down in to either increase or decrease in sales... PII counts the Slingshot as a motorcycle so you have to look further and they will have "heavy weight" motorcycles... that's Indian... they will break it down farther for North American sales and the rest of the world so you can see who is doing what with their money

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
I read an article today where H-D has started cost cutting initiatives and adjusting expectations but their stock made some decent gains. I want both Companies to survive and flourish. It keeps folks employed and the competition gives us better bikes to chose from.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Awesome numbers for Indian, they make a GREAT product. Been really impressed with what they have done. But man I really hope HD weathers the storm and figures something out! I'd hate to go back to only one good option for American made V-twin motorcycles. I personally love both products (Indian & Harley). My dad is big Harley guy so naturally growing up I always loved and wanted a Harley (Road King)...obviously I ended up purchasing an Indian (SF DH, which looks and operates way better) :) ...but still I would be sad to see them go :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts