Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Local HD owner says 2020 is final year for the white-walled deluxe...so the Vintage will be the last man standing???
For how long?
I have a Cheiftain but man would luv a Vintage some day.

·
Bronze member
2,271 Posts
IMO, the HD Heritage has always been the best bang-for-buck (instead of the deluxe, etc)..
Once you've seen a Heritage, with its' accessories removed, adding "regular" low rise/beach bars, and whitewalls, you realize that you end up with a de facto Deluxe - that has optional capabilities over and above an actual Deluxe..

·
Bronze member
2,271 Posts
I was delighted to be able to see one such Heritage "in the flesh", at Stampede Harley (Burleson Tx.)... The staff & mgmt had taken a black Heritage 107, and did it up as above (but kept the Heritage medium rise bar on it)..
The newer Heritage 107's (the base model !) carries all the chrome of the Deluxe ! The Heritage 114's do not.

It was stunning !

·
Silver member
3,588 Posts
Deluxe has the cool old school tombstone tail light. Heritage has the plain ol' plain ol' fugly tail light, and little bags. Wind screen is worth something though, if you like a screen.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I guess the lighting on the 2020 is quite an upgrade from prior models also once the Deluxe is gone no more factory shipped bike w white walls...end of an era?

·
Registered
307 Posts
The Deluxe has a lower seat height, a longer rake, and premium paint options. The power spec for the engine is slightly higher over the Heritage.

My wife’s 15 is for sale to pay for her Chieftain if anyone wants a touring set up for their shorter stature wife.

·
Bronze member
1,756 Posts
That's why I bought a 1996 FLSTN Heritage Special (aka Nostalgia). Beautiful, classic, simple. Indian really needs to produce a 111/116 in a 680 lb. old school scoot. The Classic is not long for this world IMO. Nothing wrong with it, but you can easily get that look by stripping off the bags on the Vintage. Eliminate the Classic, introduce a true middleweight, and their product line would make much more sense. Nothing against all the great custom Classics on this sight, but the Classics just don't sell. Just good business sense.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
I picked up a 16 deluxe with less than 4K miles for under 12K - right before Covid caused a run on bikes. It came with HD saddlebags, and I added a windshield. I bought it for the looks, it looks like it came from another era, but have been very pleased with the ride. It gets the nod more frequently than any of the other bikes...smaller than the RM, bigger than the scout and sportster, sort of just right.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's why I bought a 1996 FLSTN Heritage Special (aka Nostalgia). Beautiful, classic, simple. Indian really needs to produce a 111/116 in a 680 lb. old school scoot. The Classic is not long for this world IMO. Nothing wrong with it, but you can easily get that look by stripping off the bags on the Vintage. Eliminate the Classic, introduce a true middleweight, and their product line would make much more sense. Nothing against all the great custom Classics on this sight, but the Classics just don't sell. Just good business sense.
Indian already did away with the classic like 2 years ago.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nit picky early, huh. The basic Chief. Is that better?
Not trying to be nit picky, thought you were actually talking about the Chief Classic when you said classic. Do ya mean the darkhorse? As that’s the only “basic” Chief left? Can’t get chrome engine or any color besides matte black without at least vintage or Springfield.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Local HD owner says 2020 is final year for the white-walled deluxe...so the Vintage will be the last man standing???
For how long?
I have a Cheiftain but man would luv a Vintage some day.
Going to be my next bike. I love vintage bikes, but don't have time to tinker and keep them running. The Vintage is the closest thing to look the part(to people whom don't know) but be modern underneath. Someday when/if I can retire, I will own an actual vintage bike. Pan heads really look good to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts