Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 Challenger and I reay have to force the front u joint onto the plastic ball. The OEM version if I am correct has a larger opening with a rubber/plastic cover and slips on easily. The Motherwell is solid metal, chrome plated an doesn't have any play and is difficult to put on and remove. I'd appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2020 Challenger and I reay have to force the front u joint onto the plastic ball. The OEM version if I am correct has a larger opening with a rubber/plastic cover and slips on easily. The Motherwell is solid metal, chrome plated an doesn't have any play and is difficult to put on and remove. I'd appreciate any feedback.
same here

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope they read thing. The opening is about 1/8" to 1/4" too small in the front mount. The right side is worse than the left. They may have tested in with raw metal instead of after they chrome plated the assembly. The better way to do it is to increase the size of the opening and cover it with soft plastic like Harley Davidson does.

·
91 Posts
Hi there!
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'll get with the boss-man who does the designs and let him know what's up.
When the Challenger first came out, a dealer tested our Chieftain Solo rack on it, and (according to him), it fit great. Our backrest has the same fitment, and we do test every one on a chieftain fender before they go out. Let me get some more info and come back!

Brenna @ Motherwell Products

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a hair too tight. You really have to work it on and off. It is not "quick" in release. And I am a big strong guy at 6'1" 220 lbs.

·
Bronze member
2,571 Posts
Are you using the plastic bushings that go over the mounting spools? If so, take them off and see if the fit is better. i have a trunk rack that’s a snug fit over the front mounting spools. I rub a little grease on the mounting surface and it helps the “U“ slide over the mounting spools.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there!
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'll get with the boss-man who does the designs and let him know what's up.
When the Challenger first came out, a dealer tested our Chieftain Solo rack on it, and (according to him), it fit great. Our backrest has the same fitment, and we do test every one on a chieftain fender before they go out. Let me get some more info and come back!

Brenna @ Motherwell Products
Yo, Brenna, I just purchased a 2020 Challenger Limited, haven't picked it up yet cause the dealer is putting on some mods. I'm looking at purchasing your product but I'm hesitant cause I really want it to be "quick disconnect". Have you all remedied the problems?
Thanks, Joe.

EDIT: Just saw an earlier post showing your backrest is now/soon available with a SHORTER pad and also that the luggage rack is removable. This info is not stated/shown on your website and I would be interested in both of those changes--please advise.

·
91 Posts
Yo, Brenna, I just purchased a 2020 Challenger Limited, haven't picked it up yet cause the dealer is putting on some mods. I'm looking at purchasing your product but I'm hesitant cause I really want it to be "quick disconnect". Have you all remedied the problems?
Thanks, Joe.

EDIT: Just saw an earlier post showing your backrest is now/soon available with a SHORTER pad and also that the luggage rack is removable. This info is not stated/shown on your website and I would be interested in both of those changes--please advise.
Thanks for letting us know! I just went on to the website and made it clear that the luggage rack also detaches.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for letting us know! I just went on to the website and made it clear that the luggage rack also detaches.
Brenna, thank you for your reply. I spoke with you on the phone yesterday and you are sending me (in Louisville) the backrest I wanted. I'm looking forward to putting it on my bike that I picked up today!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts