Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 Springfield has Stage 2 w/ Fuel Moto remote tuning, runs great, etc. is it worth upgrading to Stage 3? I could sell my cams and already have the Stage 1 so I could save some on the upgrade but is it worth doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Every rider will have their own angle and opinion... I think the biggest baddest upgrade is where I want to be, price concerns are only secondary if the quality and performance is there.
Questions of available cash and how much fun are you willing to pay for, maybe a good value for some, maybe not so much for many. I like mine a LOT! I have more than one of them.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking Stg 3 in two years when the bike is nearing 60,000 miles and the upgrade will act as a refresher.

Reactions: Miwok

·
Registered
305 Posts
Same set up as you with a canned FuelMoto tune. As one of the first I had to go back and have the rods done on a 2nd go around. That was a pain, but would I do it again, hell yes, thing pulls like crazy. Can't smoke, drink, or chase women anymore ( they run faster than me now days) so it's one of the last things that puts a grin on my face.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 10k on my 2018. Now that I know my bike, it might keep my “Jones” back for the newer models.. Arlen Ness is my local shop here in N. Cal. So I know it would be done right but I’d need to tune it again with the Stage 3 via Fuel Moto as Indian’s stock tune is so “choked”.
More money

·
Bronze member
3,045 Posts
I have 10k on my 2018. Now that I know my bike, it might keep my “Jones” back for the newer models.. Arlen Ness is my local shop here in N. Cal. So I know it would be done right but I’d need to tune it again with the Stage 3 via Fuel Moto as Indian’s stock tune is so “choked”.
More money

the "new" stage III kit is different than the previous kits... you get new heads and injectors along with all the rest... they also point out it is a new and improved tune.. with a California warning... so it might not be as bad as it was before... as soon as someone does it we will know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts