Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rider
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken off the reflector on the rear fender of the Scout Bobber? I hate the way it looks. I think the bike would look much cleaner without it, but I haven't spent a lot of time looking to see what it takes to get it off. I sure don't want to mess up the rear fender getting it off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I got my Scout these reflectors were in a small baggie. So it is easy to see they are attached by a strip of double sticky tape. Mine is a 2018.

Reactions: kmartinjr82

·
Rider
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I got my Scout these reflectors were in a small baggie. So it is easy to see they are attached by a strip of double sticky tape. Mine is a 2018.
So, it sounds like I can just heat it up with a heat gun and it should come right off. It's nearly 100 degrees outside today. I wonder if I could just go outside and pull it off.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,847 Posts
Park a 111 bike while running close to the Scout and you should get enough heat to remove the reflectors.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
So, it sounds like I can just heat it up with a heat gun and it should come right off. It's nearly 100 degrees outside today. I wonder if I could just go outside and pull it off.
Dental floss (mint flavored is best). Remove residual glue with googone or wd40.

·
Rider
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dental floss (mint flavored is best). Remove residual glue with googone or wd40.
Ok. So just like the fork reflectors. Thanks.

·
Rider
669 Posts
Lmao I just pushed down on the reflector hard enough and it popped off. Any glue type stuff that was left I didn’t care about cuz it’s under the rear fender.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,847 Posts
Remember if you are North of the equator the glue swirls to the right so twist with the glue flow.

·
Rider
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine pulled right off with no residue left behind... same with the fork reflectors.
I took off the fork reflectors with dental floss and it left behind quite a bit of glue. I had to get out the googone and some elbow grease to get it off. I hadn't looked under the fender to see how it was attached. I just didn't want to try and pull it off and end up bending or denting the fender. It's hot outside today. I may go out and see if it will just come off.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I’m going to let the next owner worry about what reflectors they do or do not want on the bike. In the interim I’m just riding mine like I stole it. Lol

No sooner than I said the above I discovered my left fork reflector is missing. I have no idea when, or where it parted ways but I guess the right side has to go now. Lol

·
Rider
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went out and pulled it right off. Left a little sticky residue underneath, but most came off. Rear fender looks much better. Now if I could just figure out how to turn the license plate holder 90 degrees to give it a more slim look.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The dealer had mine in the parking area and in Texas it's hot enough to peel right off (even in March). Took all mine off at the dealer and asked them to throw that and the stickers away for me.

And @daydk1 look into the Kuryakin Nova series license holders. They look pretty good (horiz or vert options)

·
Rider
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The dealer had mine in the parking area and in Texas it's hot enough to peel right off (even in March). Took all mine off at the dealer and asked them to throw that and the stickers away for me.

And @daydk1 look into the Kuryakin Nova series license holders. They look pretty good (horiz or vert options)
Do you have a link for that part? I checked J&P Cycles and it was out of stock.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The reflector on my wife's 2019 Bobber fell off on a hot summer day when I was uncovering it. Seeing that I grabbed mine, applied some gentle pressure and it pulled right off as well. Looks way better without that on there.

·
Rider
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The reflector on my wife's 2019 Bobber fell off on a hot summer day when I was uncovering it. Seeing that I grabbed mine, applied some gentle pressure and it pulled right off as well. Looks way better without that on there.
I agree. Looks much better without. All of the reflectors and warning stickers are the first thing that come off my bikes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts