Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rider
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on Amazon today, and was wondering how well it would work, and if there was any possibility of it burning out the power port. Has anyone used one?
08FC8291-A4E4-4FC8-B092-68122AE4B6D4.png

·
German Rider
1,780 Posts
Doing on mine since new. Roadmaster Topcase is a powerport, direct connected to the vehicle battery. Made a special plug for my battery tender. Open Topcase, plug in, close top case.

Works in seconds...

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Doing on mine since new. Roadmaster Topcase is a powerport, direct connected to the vehicle battery. Made a special plug for my battery tender. Open Topcase, plug in, close top case.

Works in seconds...

Cu,
Sven
Did you RM not have the battery tender plug already wired in on the left side?

·
German Rider
1,780 Posts
Did you RM not have the battery tender plug already wired in on the left side?
It has, but had two battery tenders from our ATV's, my Kawi 1700 Voyager, etc. before I bought the Roadmaster. Those already had the poweroutlet /cigarette lighter plug, so I can use it on nearly any vehicle, which got such a power outlet, if it is connect directly to the vehicle battery.

Why buy a new tender, get a new cable adapter if it is this way more convienent.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
224 Posts
I’ve used it for five years on the Roadmaster. Works like a charm. No hassle having to remove the side panels for charging.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts