Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the side mount plate put on and the dealer says what about moving the turn signals. However, he didn't really have any suggestions. Has anyone done this? Please post photo's, if so. Ride Safe!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah, I cut off the whole license plate box and drilled a hole on each side of fender, and installed the stock turn signals, no hassles with wiring. Raised them up so drivers can see them a bit better. Attached is best pic I have of it.

Attachments

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Yeah, I cut off the whole license plate box and drilled a hole on each side of fender, and installed the stock turn signals, no hassles with wiring. Raised them up so drivers can see them a bit better. Attached is best pic I have of it.
Official Indian Scout Photo Thread

I did away with stock signals, got small LEDs and welded a small bracket inside the fender.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Just got the side mount plate put on and the dealer says what about moving the turn signals. However, he didn't really have any suggestions. Has anyone done this? Please post photo's, if so. Ride Safe!!
I have my plate side mounted as well-- was going to follow Meggie's lead but had a couple guys talk me out of welding plates to the inside of the fender (no experience doing it) and couldn't find anyone else who did either. Decided to cut bottom off of the stock plate holder (just under the reflector) and then use the stock mounting location with the same X-arc's LED's that Meggie and others have used… very small and very bright!

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
@Rudy Smith
I like these...I've never replaced aftermarket turn signals...are they just bolt in?
@brougham79 - Yes and No - they come with 2 / 10W resistors per light (need one per light) which keep the canbus system from complaining / giving error signals. You also need to buy the little fork tube mounting bracket (pricey) or make one. In the rear you can use the holes from the old turn signals. remember this requires splicing in to the existing turn signal lines. Getting the multi-function aspects to work if you buy those is more of a job for the pros.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I see lots of Scouts with the tank emblem removed. How are you getting this done without damaging paint? I want to keep stock tail light but would love to integrate the turn signals into it or install the same type led board into stock fixture. I have no complaints about the tag location, would rather see it right where it is than stuck out to the side, to me that is just not right. Anyway, help with emble removal please.....

·
Bronze member
1,886 Posts
Those of you that want less a intrusive set of F/R turn signals,.......Octane indicators are a direct "bolt on".

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Like OP and others, wanted the most minimalist but bright turn-signals. X-Arcs. License plate relocated to the axle on the other side. Thread somewhere above.

1.jpg

·
Registered
650 Posts
If you are planning on using a different tail lights this is the diagrams that I used. Keep in mind that the electric connection on the scout has 6 wires with reversed polarity and most integrated rear lights have only 5 wires. I accomplished the installation by using weatherproof relays. For the front turn signals, I used LED bar ends and wrap around the forks (41mm) LED turn signals. DSC_0128.JPG DSC_0129.JPG DSC_0104.JPG DSC_0266.JPG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts