Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone received a delivery date for their RoadMaster ???

I put a deposit down awhile back had a delivery date of 9-26 and then it was changed to TBD a few weeks back. Has anyone heard anything ?

:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put deposit down after doing the demo ride in Columbus Ohio on Sept 17th and was told to expect delivery in November but maybe earlier.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I talked to my dealer last week. They had no hard dates yet. He did say Polaris is trying to send out Roadmasters to those who have deposits before they send out any general shipments, as they should.

Coming up on the last full week of September, I don't think we'll see one this month. Hopefully in the first half of October. I don't care so much as to when they arrive, so much as they arrive with excellent quality. Still, I'd like to get some ride time before it turns too cold.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Amen brother. I'm getting anxious here in TN. I was told late September also but I'm expecting early October. The main thing is they GET IT RIGHT. While here have any of you ordered the V&H turndown slip-ons? Got delivery date on them? Also mixed signals on reflash required or not? Anybody seen any other Air Filter upgrades other than Indian. I know, busying up the thread but it all ties together. Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Update today. I stopped by my TN dealer while up that way and they said a black Roadmaster may be here next week. (I ordered RED). Talked like mine would be later in October. I'm resigned to that, no choice. Still anxious but again that bike best be perfect.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Dealer called me today. October 13th, but he's going to try and get it delivered faster. Mine will be red.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was told 3 weeks when I ordered my Green and Cream Vintage. It took 5 weeks but it is perfect. 40 miles short of breaking it in the first 4 days. Was well worth of wait. I test rode a a Roadmaster last month the bikes you all are waiting for will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I ordered a red one as well. Mine was ordered on August 1, 2014. Do you mind sharing he date yours was ordered?
I can't say exactly what date it was ordered from Indian, but I put my deposit down July 29th.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I assume so but really don't know. The black one was not ordered for an individual with a deposit though so I think the dealer had just ordered it. My friend there thinks they likely have it sold though. I put a deposit on mine at least a month ago. This morning I pulled the trigger on V&H slip-ons from West End Motorsports Less than$600 and free shipping. They were great to deal with and the pipes are on backorder. Heck,so is the bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just talked to my dealer in Arkansas, and 2 pre-ordered red Roadmaster bikes have shipped today, and 5 additional black Roadmaster's are scheduled for shipment late next week.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Just talked to my dealer in Arkansas, and 2 pre-ordered red Roadmaster bikes have shipped today, and 5 additional black Roadmaster's are scheduled for shipment late next week.
Forgive me for prying, but why is your dealer in Arkansas if you're in Superior? Is there something bad about the dealer in Littleton I should know about?

I wonder how long they take from shipping to delivery?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Test rode a roadmaster today, made the deal to trade in the chieftain.

They said they have one coming in a couple weeks, I guess we will see

·
Registered
8 Posts
No problem, PakRat. Of course no dealer is selling below MSRP, but some are offering $0 dollars on delivery fee, paper and title work, and any other prep fees. That makes over a $1000 in some cases, and worth the trip out to pick up my new bike. In addition, I will ride the bike for the breakin period on a single day, and then he will do the first service work the next day free. This deal has allowed me to get many upgrades that would have been harder to swing.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
No problem, PakRat. Of course no dealer is selling below MSRP, but some are offering $0 dollars on delivery fee, paper and title work, and any other prep fees. That makes over a $1000 in some cases, and worth the trip out to pick up my new bike. In addition, I will ride the bike for the breakin period on a single day, and then he will do the first service work the next day free. This deal has allowed me to get many upgrades that would have been harder to swing.
Cool, thanks. I understand that, and it's always good to have a ride :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
I stopped by my dealer in Murfreesboro, TN. today. (Sloan's) Frank said a black one was due this week and my Red one likely around Oct 15 but maybe earlier. There were three Indians sitting around outside. That was different. I guess we need to start a new thread soon on "Who has their ROADMASTERS?". I am so ready but my 2010 CrossCountry skully will hold me till then.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts