Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tired of my worn out look of my bags not matching my new corbin seat. Osprey said they can match it. Has anyone purchased tan Osprey and how does it look? I was thinking about purchasing Indian tan 2017 bags but they wanted $1k each.
Also, is it easy to put on? do you need to change out the hardware?

Attachments

·
Founding member
1,517 Posts
It takes time and can be painstaking but they could be matched up fairly well. Deglazing the bags and coming back with a dye that matches the seat. I did it once and got close but still not close enough. So I added a light coat of the same dye on the seat and then it was mighty close to a match. Close enough anyway. OSPREY bags are beautiful though. Do what you want.

·
Super Moderator
4,977 Posts
I am tired of my worn out look of my bags not matching my new corbin seat. Osprey said they can match it. Has anyone purchased tan Osprey and how does it look? I was thinking about purchasing Indian tan 2017 bags but they wanted $1k each.
Also, is it easy to put on? do you need to change out the hardware?
It was my understanding that Osprey's new "Indian Spool" system only requires you to install a new spool from Osprey. Instead of the plastic "cam over" system from Indian, you will get a new spool from Osprey that has a tamper proof bolt to secure your bags to the bike. Quite easy.

I used the search button top right using the word "osprey" and came up with this;

http://www.indianmotorcycles.net/search/171276001/?q=osprey&o=relevance

·
Bronze member
1,707 Posts
I have the Osprey bags on my Vintage and they are a perfect match to my Corbin seat. They do use different spools and I got a set when I ordered mine. Takes a little time to get the mounting right when you first install (you select the position on the bike and drill a couple of holes) but once they are on, they take about 5 more minutes to remove and replace then the stock bags.

Earlier this year, they stopped taking orders for new bags, but according to the website, they are back at it again! There was a rumor that the owner was retiring, but apparently that isn't the case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts