Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Founding member / rider
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That for a while now, no one is complaining about the driveability, stalling out or other engine related issues. It certainly appears to be problem solved.

My 99.9% gut feeling is that you can now buy and ride with confidence. Curious what will be coming out now with that fantastic engine?

Obviously, I am talking about the Challenger.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,125 Posts
That and a lot of people are either scared to go out or just plain ain't allowed to.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Here, in south Florida, as long as you practice "social distancing", walking, running, and riding a bicycle are allowed. Riding a motorcycle, although a recreational vehicle, it is a legal mode of road-going transportation. It is my belief that you cannot legally be banned from riding, either recreationally or transportation-wise! That's my non-legal opinion on my Constitutional rights.

·
Bronze member
3,411 Posts
you're right... they can recommend no travel... but in the end they have no way to enforce it... of course every state is different... the US Constitution doesn't allow the gov't. to stop freedom of movement or freedom of assembly for that matter... my state doesn't either... that's why my state will not institute a lock down and only recommend.. now common sense should prevail... but in all honesty I wouldn't worry about riding.. wear a full face helmet and be done with it... of course I'm only talking day rides... I wouldn't go on any adventure I couldn't get home rather quickly on..

·
Bronze member
2,220 Posts
They certainly can enforce it. Essential travel only it doesn’t matter if your on your bike or in a car. Same way they can enforce travel during stare of emergencies.

My state has already pulled over guys on bikes and asked why they were out since bikes are easy targets. Philly has started issuing $100 fines. Other states are larger.

In the end it depends on the cop.

But Stay the hell home unless it’s essential and this whole shit show will end sooner. We are all big boys and can go a few weeks without recreational riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5,125 Posts
Depends upon your State and local law enforcement. I live in a rural area away from big cities and avoid going to the nearby small city except for refueling my bike. I keep my rides short distance and close to home on country roads and avoid highways as much as possible. So far so good.

·
Bronze member
2,640 Posts
Every Constitutional right has limits, including freedom of movement and assembly. To think the government is powerless to prevent the spread of a deadly virus is incorrect. No court has ever taken that position. Our movement and assembly is restricted frequently when we have tornados, hurricanes, crop destroying pests infestations, etc. Many may not be aware, but TB patients that refuse treatment can be arrested and held. You can’t restrict movement more than that for a matter of public health.

·
Registered
565 Posts
It would sure be nice if people wouldn't keep bringing up negative rare issues so that those of us who have no issues wouldn't get all freaked out and new potential buyers wouldn't be strayed away from Indian motorcycles. Excluding the 10-20 people who really have had bad issues on this forum, who I totally sympathize with, most of us have not. Indian has stood behind the Challenger and frankly, the latest issue brought up by my favorite trouble maker, has the title of anyone with 50 miles or less stop riding your bike and bring it back. I say FU Indian on that one, as first off, in many states the dealers are already shut down. The only outlet we have is our bikes, so screw you people who wrote the article. If we don't have our bikes, our jobs, or our freedoms all we have left is out guns. When will the civil war start. I can tell you I will not be living in New York, California, or Illinois when it starts. The good news is, the dealer service departments can tear down their entire inventories of Indians down to splitting the cases and get good at working on the new engines. They learned a lot over the years installing the 116 kits on the Thunderstrokes. This may be a Challenger service crash course in disguise. Lol.

·
5,125 Posts
While I am essentially free to go out and ride, I do so with a higher degree of caution and restraint while staying out of the nearby town where accidents are more likely to happen. The idea of being carted to a hospital emergency room that might have covid patients in it is reason enough.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It would sure be nice if people wouldn't keep bringing up negative rare issues so that those of us who have no issues wouldn't get all freaked out and new potential buyers wouldn't be strayed away from Indian motorcycles. Excluding the 10-20 people who really have had bad issues on this forum, who I totally sympathize with, most of us have not. Indian has stood behind the Challenger and frankly, the latest issue brought up by my favorite trouble maker, has the title of anyone with 50 miles or less stop riding your bike and bring it back. I say FU Indian on that one, as first off, in many states the dealers are already shut down. The only outlet we have is our bikes, so screw you people who wrote the article. If we don't have our bikes, our jobs, or our freedoms all we have left is out guns. When will the civil war start. I can tell you I will not be living in New York, California, or Illinois when it starts. The good news is, the dealer service departments can tear down their entire inventories of Indians down to splitting the cases and get good at working on the new engines. They learned a lot over the years installing the 116 kits on the Thunderstrokes. This may be a Challenger service crash course in disguise. Lol.
No crash course nesc ... lol .... The Challenger fix was in the end pretty simple ... of course except for the reflash ... way over my pay grade .... It was basically an adjustment .... Everyone should just take a ride abiding by the distancing guidelines and take a breath ... This all will pass ....

·
Registered
565 Posts
They certainly can enforce it. Essential travel only it doesn’t matter if your on your bike or in a car. Same way they can enforce travel during stare of emergencies.

My state has already pulled over guys on bikes and asked why they were out since bikes are easy targets. Philly has started issuing $100 fines. Other states are larger.

In the end it depends on the cop.

But Stay the hell home unless it’s essential and this whole shit show will end sooner. We are all big boys and can go a few weeks without recreational riding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's good I don't live in PA. I would probably shoot the cop. How the F are you creating or propentiating Covid-19 when you are doing a multistate ride. I've been doing it every weekend. Call me what you want, but I call it BEING FREE.

·
Registered
565 Posts
While I am essentially free to go out and ride, I do so with a higher degree of caution and restraint while staying out of the nearby town where accidents are more likely to happen. The idea of being carted to a hospital emergency room that might have covid patients in it is reason enough.
  1. Dont you know, the only way you can even get into a hospital is with an ambulance?

·
Rider
1,278 Posts
Reactions: HyeHog

·
Registered
565 Posts
When this is all over, I will. If the media and the go ornament doesn't turn this into a zombie apocalypse, or a civil war. Some of us are NOT content sitting on our soon to be fat asses all day long eating potato chips, watching 24 HR. depressing news, rerun movies even on our multi- channel cable or satellite tv stations, or watching reruns of sporting events. Motorcycles are our only outlet for getting out without being in a crowd. Wearing leathers, gloves, helmets and still dealing with almost an extended winter.

·
Rider
848 Posts
There are many types of people and living in a state that has hurricanes, a small group wants to be the little girl in elementary school that the teacher tells to write down the names of anyone who talks or leaves their desk while she is out. Our governor said you could boat and fish and heads have been exploding when people see boats spaced out at a sandbar. If we don't go near each other and stay out in nature , there is no way you are going to contract anything.Half the cases in Florida are in Miami / Broward where people are living like ants and up in the panhandle where it's rural many counties have no cases. I feel confident that prudent , intelligent people know enough to protect themselves , knowing the dangers and how to isolate themselves from contact.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts