Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hej all!

I just bought an FTR S R and get it on Wednesday/Thursday. It has just a few mile on it but has some mods. The bike is lowered and has a short license plate with really tiny turn signal leds. I made an agreement that I can get it de-lowered for free if I want. Now I wonder if anyone has experince with an lowered FTR. Size-wise it doesn't make a huge difference for me. The bike looks a bit different when it stands on the stand. When I think about it, does it has any downside with damping, handleing etc. whatsoever?

My other question would be about the leds. I like the slick, minimalistic look of the back but I'm a bit nervous, that they could be overlooked in daylight because they're so small.

Thanks for your time!

·
Bronze member
2,310 Posts
Depends what leds were used. Mine are the size of my little fingernail and brighter than stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
If it is the Wunderkind, they should be bright enough. But it is an easy thing to check that on your own.

I had my first FTR lowered and the second without lowering. While the lowering gave me more safeness when putting the feet down, the stock one feels more .... agile in driving. Hmmm ... I cannot describe exactly. But it feels better without the lowering.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
I had my first FTR lowered and the second without lowering. While the lowering gave me more safeness when putting the feet down, the stock one feels more .... agile in driving. Hmmm ... I cannot describe exactly. But it feels better without the lowering.
Even though have a short 29" inseam have never lowered a Ride .. Lose all the extra goodies the Bike was made Mainly Better Suspension and Ground Clearance for Better Lean Angles in the Curves ..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your replies, it confirmed my thoughts and helped me with the decision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts