Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Has anyone installed the Ride Command update or the Maps update?

298 6
I posted this in the Tech forum but thought I'd check here as well.

I have a 22 Super Chief Limited. It looks like there was a Ride Command firmware update and possibly a maps update.

I installed the firmware update and even though I did the menu looks like it is still telling me to update (see pic). When I press on it, it then tells me it is up to date. Does the menu always look that way?

The maps update I've tried downloading fresh keys, it goes through the whole process, etc., and then it gets stuck on "loading navigation." The left trigger also gets stuck on the maps screen but I can manually advance it using the touch screen. It never loads or it will blink part of a map and then go back to loading.

On one attempt the map would load and when I tried to use the "search" feature the globe had a question mark. When I went there, it wanted me to select a region for the addresses but would not actually let me pick a region, just show me the options.

Speedometer Gauge Measuring instrument Font Motor vehicle
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
I posted this in the Tech forum but thought I'd check here as well.

I have a 22 Super Chief Limited. It looks like there was a Ride Command firmware update and possibly a maps update.

I installed the firmware update and even though I did the menu looks like it is still telling me to update (see pic). When I press on it, it then tells me it is up to date. Does the menu always look that way?

The maps update I've tried downloading fresh keys, it goes through the whole process, etc., and then it gets stuck on "loading navigation." The left trigger also gets stuck on the maps screen but I can manually advance it using the touch screen. It never loads or it will blink part of a map and then go back to loading.

On one attempt the map would load and when I tried to use the "search" feature the globe had a question mark. When I went there, it wanted me to select a region for the addresses but would not actually let me pick a region, just show me the options.

View attachment 716899 View attachment 716899 View attachment 716899
Lol.... so if you remove the flash drive you used to update it won't show it anymore. You're welcome. 馃槀

Registered
2022 Super Chief Limited (Red)
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol.... so if you remove the flash drive you used to update it won't show it anymore. You're welcome. 馃槀
Try again. It is not accurate. All pictures are taken after flash drive removed. Indeed, even when I had the maps flash drive installed to update maps, the software update looked the same as in the picture.

Premium Member
2022 Chief Darkhorse
Have you tried reinstalling the update? Is there a way to return to factory default?

I鈥檇 try to start from the stock configuration and go through the update steps again. Make sure you鈥檙e connected to a battery tender while updating so you can keep the bike on and not drain your battery.

Registered
Try again. It is not accurate. All pictures are taken after flash drive removed. Indeed, even when I had the maps flash drive installed to update maps, the software update looked the same as in the picture.
Well if that don't fix it, I'd just trade the chief for a better bike. Literally any other indian lol. Or you could try a HD Lowrider, then no electronics 馃槀

Registered
2022 Super Chief Limited (Red)
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tried reinstalling the update? Is there a way to return to factory default?

I鈥檇 try to start from the stock configuration and go through the update steps again. Make sure you鈥檙e connected to a battery tender while updating so you can keep the bike on and not drain your battery.
I've re-installed the software for both the ride command and the maps repeatedly. Using different thumb drives that have been properly formatted. Seems to be a glitch at least for me so was wondering if anyone else had installed them successfully. Don't know about setting back to default. Will check it out. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts