Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Indian brand warm weather gloves work with my ride command but all 3 pairs of cold weather gloves do not. I've heard about adding metal stitching to the pointer finger but don't know anyone who has actually had something sewn in. Need help.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Those screens are specifically designed to work with pressure, not conductivity. Just push a little harder. Even my thickest gloves work fine.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  • Mine don't. No matter how hard i push. I wear a XXXL glove because I have a wide hand, not to mention the China,, which produces all the gloves including all the Indian brand gloves dont size glove correctly for big guys so my finger tips don't go all the way to the ends.and there is a lot of padding as well. My single layer leather gloves work fine.. They don't have thinsulate insulation..

·
Registered
2021 Indian Vintage, 2019 Indian FTR-RR, 1977 Yamaha XS750
63 Posts
My FTR 1200 screen is touch sensitive and works well with gloves on.
Some gloves have a touch screen tip on the index fingers.
E2AD6B4B-7242-463A-805C-D33F540B7A26.jpeg
. (My KNOX Orsa pictured)

·
Rider
415 Posts
Those screens are specifically designed to work with pressure, not conductivity. Just push a little harder. Even my thickest gloves work fine.
Modern touch screens use Capacitive sensing.
Synaptics supply a huge number of companies world wide with this technology.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
987 Posts
I've done the thread route. You just get good thread and leave lots of long tails in the inside finger side so it makes good connection. I did that and was able to use my smartphone with my standard leather gloves and I don't notice the thread at all.

That being said, my other larger winter gloves don't have that and I've been able to use them with the Challenger. I have to get the angle just right sometimes.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Modern touch screens use Capacitive sensing.
Synaptics supply a huge number of companies world wide with this technology.
Indian doesn’t use capacitive screens. They’re specifically set up for pressure so that gloved riders can use them.

·
125 Posts
The screen on my Chieftain I could operate with any glove but the Challenger screen will not work with a winter glove , no matter how hard you press.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The screen on my Chieftain I could operate with any glove but the Challenger screen will not work with a winter glove , no matter how hard you press.
That sounds defective. No issues with challenger touch screen wearing these gloves.

·
Registered
797 Posts
A leather non-insulated glove works fine but not a heave insulated winter glove.
That’s not the way those screens are supposed to work. They’re specifically supposed to work with any glove, heavy or thin. My heaviest winter glove with “thinsulate” work just fine.

·
Bronze member
2,469 Posts
The thicker the glove, the worse it works. My heavy gauntlets will not work on the touch screen.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
987 Posts
I think it's a matter of how large the surface area that touches is. I've noticed a few times I don't get what I want then I go with more of a point than a push (tip of finger vs pad) and it seems to work better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use dainese leather gauntlet gloves with under armour glove liners. Ridecommand on the challenger works fine with them.

·
125 Posts
I tried gluing an eraser from a pencil to the tip of the index finger of my winter glove , still didn't work. I don't know what it is about my winter gloves.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts