Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like a useless button with no purpose unless someone would know how to engineer running lights.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Seems like a useless button with no purpose unless someone would know how to engineer running lights.
I will assume that you are speaking to the early Chieftains. The dud button was drilled out enough to run the Garmin cradle wiring by the previous owner. Really needs an O ring.
Cheers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bike is a 2019 standard Chieftain. My hubs 2018 Classic Chieftain left side button actually controls his daytime running lights. No interest in doing a Garmin, already have Navigation.
Mostly looking to see if possible to attach running lights along with turn signals and have the control switch placed there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have 2019 Chieftain and haven't done anything with that fake button. Although, I did change my headlight to LED and happy with it and won't require additional lights.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For the left side, I added a USB port extending the plug in the fairing so I could plug my USB of music into it. On the right side, I installed a mo-door garage door opener

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts

Tim

·
Registered
2 Posts
2019 CDH
I dropped in a 12vDC port (cigarette style) to charge phone or sena, or run a coffee maker.
I do some long rides.
Haven't lost the plug cap yet, but I'm sure i will ... eventually.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts