Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to adjust the rear brake on my Challenger. I want to lower it about 1 inch. Can this be done? It was easy on my Scout which had two nuts you could move and lock together. Does not seam to be the same on the Challenger.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I lowered the rear brake foot lever only slightly by loosening the forward nut and shortening the travel - it was lowered under an inch. I would like it even lower as well, but do not see an option. However, I am looking to unscrew the pad and replace it with something (i) more substantial and (ii) that can be angled like my Vintage brake.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would like to adjust the rear brake on my Challenger. I want to lower it about 1 inch. Can this be done? It was easy on my Scout which had two nuts you could move and lock together. Does not seam to be the same on the Challenger.
Not really. The Challenger brake lever does adjust just like any other motorcycle I've owned, but it does not move very far. I tend to keep mine lower than most people and it was one of the first things I adjusted when I got the bike. The problem with this design is that as you adjust the lever down, the threaded shaft moves toward the lever and does not have much room to move before hitting it. I thought about cutting it down to give me more room for adjustment, but didn't want to start cutting up my new bike. I think it maybe dropped 1/2" at most and I've just learned to live with it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I lowered the rear brake foot lever only slightly by loosening the forward nut and shortening the travel - it was lowered under an inch. I would like it even lower as well, but do not see an option. However, I am looking to unscrew the pad and replace it with something (i) more substantial and (ii) that can be angled like my Vintage brake.
Maybe you can find a brake pad with a little offset? I moved mine down as much as I could, but would also like it a little lower.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks to all that replied. I did get that 1/2 inch adjustment after reading these replies and I guess I will order one of those wide pegs or maybe a 1 inch drop down bracket? Hmmmm?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts