Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy Folks,
Are any of y'all planning on going to the Harvest Classic Rally in Luckenbach, October 17th & 18th?
--- Randall

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hey Randall, back in 1997 (darn, can it be that long ago???) 2 of my friends and I rode from Fredericksburg, PA to Fredericksburg, TX on our BMW's for the BMW MOA National Rally. We all absolutely loved the area! Extra interesting and neat because both Fredericksburgs are in the middle of areas with a strong German heritage. One of the many highlights of the trip was our day at Luckenbach. Have talked many times of getting back there - this rally would be an excellent reason. Hmmm, still have a BMW but I wonder if I could make it on my new Scout with a windshield? Anyhow, thanks for the heads up on the Harvest Classic.

·
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Howdy Southwestern Indian riders, you long-distance riding sobs,

Let me remind you that the most excellent and splendiferrous Harvest Classic is coming up on October 17th & 18th in lovely Luckenbach, Texas, in only NINE short days. Although I could ride my Moto Guzzi/Ural sidecar rig, or my Knucklehead Special, (it is a European/Vintage rally after all), due to time constraints and the distance involved I'll probably ride my Chieftain. I suspect the European/Vintage crowd there will be interested in checking out the new Indians, and it is a lovely, lovely time of year to be riding the Texas Hill Country.

Be there or be square! --- Randall

·
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really, no response? I call y'all sobs and challenge you to show up and no one has anything to say? Well, the Harley guys got nothing to worry about...
--- Randall

·
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fair enough... but the Classic would be a great place to show your beauty off.
--- Randall

·
Super Moderator
4,867 Posts
My weekend (17th & 18th) will be spent in Muenster at the OctoberFest. Ja!

·
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK Folks, Last Call!

I'm off for Luckenbach tomorrow at first light. The weather looks to be beautiful and I'm meeting up with some friends in Sonora. Hope to see some riders from the forum there.
--- Randall

·
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Home again, home again, jiggedee-jig!

Had a great time at the Harvest Classic. Loads of cool bikes from vintage to custom. The Chieftain ran flawlessly and garnered compliments everywhere I went. Lots of questions from riders at the rally and a lot of interest in the Polaris Indians from both new and veteran riders. Saw six Indians: three 2014 Chieftains (including my own and the new Springfield Blue '14 my buddy Wayne picked up in Odessa Friday morning), two 2014 Vintages, and a matte-gray Scout being ridden by a nice young man who said he was in the media business. If you can possibly make it next year, do. Luckenbach during this rally is kind of like Disneyland for motorcycle enthusiasts (with beer!).

--- Randall

·
Registered
738 Posts
Randall, thanks for the feedback on the rally. I was in the Hill Country many years ago for a BMW motorcycle rally (in Fredericksburg) and I freakin' loved the area! I want to get back so badly and maybe somehow I'll be able to get there next year on a Scout. Yeah yeah, I know, a Scout isn't really meant for touring but once I'm there I know it will be great for the roads around Fredericksburg and Luckenbach. I'll just have to take an extra day or 2 o get out there. :cool:

·
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah yeah, I know, a Scout isn't really meant for touring but once I'm there I know it will be great for the roads around Fredericksburg and Luckenbach. I'll just have to take an extra day or 2 o get out there. :cool:
I've toured on every bike I've ever owned, including the choppers. Throw on some saddlebags, strap a bedroll to the back fender and go. Hope to see you there next year, I know I plan to be there!
--- Randall

·
Super Moderator
4,867 Posts
Home again, home again, jiggedee-jig!

Had a great time at the Harvest Classic. Loads of cool bikes from vintage to custom. The Chieftain ran flawlessly and garnered compliments everywhere I went. Lots of questions from riders at the rally and a lot of interest in the Polaris Indians from both new and veteran riders. Saw six Indians: three 2014 Chieftains (including my own and the new Springfield Blue '14 my buddy Wayne picked up in Odessa Friday morning), two 2014 Vintages, and a matte-gray Scout being ridden by a nice young man who said he was in the media business. If you can possibly make it next year, do. Luckenbach during this rally is kind of like Disneyland for motorcycle enthusiasts (with beer!).

--- Randall
Sounds like fun!! Someday I tell ya, someday!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Son and I made the one in 2013 was planning on this one but he had to work. Lots of bikes new and old there. Hopefully we will make the next one. And you can tour on any bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts