Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hartzell intake is not only incredible but it is finally available for purchase!

I have just installed it along with a Power Commander V on my Scout.

Before the install my Scout was making 91 WHP with the Indian Stage 1 Slip-ons. That was higher than normal for most scouts, but still not where we wanted it ;)

Then I installed the PCV and loaded the generic map off of DynoJets page for the slip-ons. I noticed this smoothed out the acceleration considerably but just seemed to perk the throttle up a bit, not much else.

I then installed the Hartzell Intake a long with a map that was tuned for it from another bike. DAMN.
This thing screams. We are fairly confident that with this intake and once my specific bike is tuned by my local guru, that we will have our hands on the fastest modern Scout. Not only does this intake sound incredible (you can hear the air gulping under the tank as well as the larger volume of air leaving my pipes), but it is even harder to hang on to the bars at higher throttle than before. Get with @UPANDCUMMER if you're interested!

·
Diamond member
9,037 Posts
"Fastest modern scout eh?" Your either one lucky SOB? but with out a 2 into 1 exhaust even?.. that would be a lil tuff.. but,, I wont say no.. any things possible but what else is...possible? Optimistic dynos giving generous ratings,, thats possible too.. what I do know, is with your stuff,, its way faster! And thats a great start! Another thing I can say, is im super happy, that your chuffed! Have a blast! And keep it together out there!:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Fastest modern scout eh?" Your either one lucky SOB? but with out a 2 into 1 exhaust even?.. that would be a lil tuff.. but,, I wont say no.. any things possible but what else is...possible? Optimistic dynos giving generous ratings,, thats possible too.. what I do know, is with your stuff,, its way faster! And thats a great start! Another thing I can say, is im super happy, that your chuffed! Have a blast! And keep it together out there!:)
I'm definitely optimistic in regards of it's ranking among the fastest hahaha. And I'm sure there is a faster scout out there with dyno results that haven't been released or that people simply won't care to share their work because they are just doing it for themselves.

I DEFINITELY am still counting on installing a 2 into 1 exhaust in the close future if my plans workout as I would like, as I know that's the only true way to get that last bit of power. There are also still the rumors of cams coming down the pipes in the future so who know's what we'll end up with! lol

·
Diamond member
9,037 Posts
I'm definitely optimistic in regards of it's ranking among the fastest hahaha. And I'm sure there is a faster scout out there with dyno results that haven't been released or that people simply won't care to share their work because they are just doing it for themselves.

I DEFINITELY am still counting on installing a 2 into 1 exhaust in the close future if my plans workout as I would like, as I know that's the only true way to get that last bit of power. There are also still the rumors of cams coming down the pipes in the future so who know's what we'll end up with! lol
Im hoping, you end up with the fastest scout!!!;)

·
Rider
975 Posts
Mine is faster! LOL Just kidding , calm down! Ride Safe- JJ

·
Registered
313 Posts
"The worlds Fastest Scout/Indian" it would make a good movie. :)
Hey Mikedmeister, I am making a Hartzell replica as we speak, just got the last of the parts, just waiting on EJK to turn up before fitting it all. Can you tell me how far into the radiator hole the air cleaner is going in, most of the ones I have seen don't seem to go into that hole at all, I would like to know as it might be for increased ram effect of air. Does the air cleaner hit or rub in that area? Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts