Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my bike and the reason I got Hooked on the Indian look. 10395855685_36d859637b.jpg 10239124235_fac994a40c.jpg 10395917516_32d79ae899.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nevadabob...Really a beauty! I kept finding myself going back through the pictures, blowing up in size, and studying them!! How's about a little history, and what you have done? Did you buy it new?...That may be a dummy question, I don't even know what year it is! I was thinking I might have seen it on a table in some other pictures you have listed--Started to ask you about it! Great bike---I'm going back to look again!!!!!!!!!!!!! Danny Mac.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Danny Mac thank you for the kind words, so here's the deal no I am not the builder. The Bike was built bike was built in Ohio the painter was there as well. I bought it in about 2000 and it is a 1990 custom Softail started out blue and many changes made since then. The tail end of the bike is Arlen Ness, the two bags are steel and those wooden doors that open up to the wheel well and a Fiberglas Fender on the rear. The seat is a custom one off, the tank is been cut and stretched and a elongated dashboard put in place with a 1957 Chevy speedometer. It has beach bars, the front fender is 1946 Indian fender that was split and elongated and Woodside panels of been added to it panels are not real wood they are acrylic and paint of had those updated and painted by the original painter in Ohio. The front wheel is a mag wheel Craiger is the brand, that was Split in half and have been welded to make a motorcycle tire wheel fit. I had the wheel chrome in the front forks chromed the floorboards or Smith cycle works banana Boards. I put those on change the braking system to the front, Smithcycle works for the brake pedal and shifter side. The carburetor carburetors are Dell'orto Italian sports car carburetors and the two velocity stacks are actually cottage cheese containers from the 1930s that were cut out and then chrome and mounted for velocity stacks. I think the pipes are the most interesting part of it and gives the Bike sensational throaty sound they are the original pipes from the bike with a few additional pieces added the bike pipes are called Siamese twins. Start out as the original pipe two other pipes are added to each one of the legs All brought down into a four pipe collector and then to one and a 1 foot return on the exhaust is actually off the Honda 750 motorcycle. In the time that I have had the bike every work the engine and transmission carburetors brought them all up to speed with all the care you would expect for a bike like this. I have installed legendary lift kit that are air shocks for the rear to raise to be comfortable riding position and Lowers for show purposes. The bike as it sits seat height is 23 inches off the ground on the side not pictured I am and I will post those photos it's an open primary 3 inch Primo belt drive and on the clutch housing there is a knock off spinner from a 1957 Chevy hubcap it can be can be quite tricky is it is constantly moving when the bike is in gear, but the effect and the look and the sound are quite incredible. The bike is keyless the ignition is hidden all the cabling is stainless all the wire wiring for the bike I have reworked. Oh and one last thing the headlight housing is a 1936 Ford truck headlamp, it has a green tent to it when it's lit an unusual look for a headlight. All and all for the years that I've had it I've had more fun with it then I should have with most motorcycles and it is the bike that has me attracted to Indian overall.
photo.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: Papa Lar
1 - 3 of 3 Posts