Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Speak softly and carry a big stick. Teddy R
1,529 Posts
I was going to say something derogatory about HD. But no need, I love their bikes, but maybe they should pay a little more attention during testing, invest a little more of that shareholder money in design and testing to insure a person isn't hurt while riding do to their incompetence. Looks like lawsuits will be next on the big dogs list of to do next.

Reactions: LH Rizzi

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
This is old news .................this came out last year and plenty of threads on it.

Anyone consider Indian Chief clutch cables? Could be easily a recall there
Anyone consider the Vintage bags deal? Could be easily a recall there

HD had a hard bag recall also............

2014/2015 Chiefs had a brake master cylinder seal recall................

Anything else 'new' ?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Seen this post today looks like they are having a few problems over there.
Harley recalls nearly 46,000 motorcycles
I'll take a cable actuated clutch any day over a hydraulic actuated one. Something that works virtually 100% perfect doesn't need to be screwed with.. Change for the sake of change. Engineers trying to justify their job.

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,708 Posts
Slow news day lets being up something that people will talk about lol A good follow up article would be to mention that Harley extended the warranty on the hydraulic clutches for an extra two years.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

·
4,708 Posts
Well, if someone reads an old article that they hadn't seen before and doesn't check the publication date, they will think it's new news. That's my point.
To me it just causes confusion on an ussue thats already been addressed.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Give the guy a break we have all done it one time or another. Hell I just did it the other day with a old thread , sometimes we just have brain farts and jump right in without checking. :p

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I looked at when the article was posted instead of looking at the publication date sorry. And if it bothers you that much My sincere apologies for ruining your day.

·
4,708 Posts
I looked at when the article was posted instead of looking at the publication date sorry. And if it bothers you that much My sincere apologies for ruining your day.
No apologies necessary. my complaint is with MSN for rehashing this old story lol

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Seen this post today looks like they are having a few problems over there.
Harley recalls nearly 46,000 motorcycles
I say "he who is without sin throw the first stone" I prefer Indian to Harley but they are ALL guilty of failing to recall items quickly before it become a casualty. Scout throttle surge, fraying wires to rear lights, and then there was the brake recall, etc...

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Recalls are a part of life. My first wife had a recall. Heck I ended up with a much better model. Lasted 22 years so far. "Don't dread the recall".

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Seen Recalls on most all kinds of vehicles .. But HD has had more than share lately .. Had 2 on my 2009 Ultra in the 3 Years owned it .. But had a lot more stuff that needed fixing under warranty than recalls ..

·
Registered
165 Posts
I wonder if the NYSE traders read the old news too? HOG got kicked in the teeth this morning...down 8% at one point.

Buy on the dips?

Text Blue Line Plot Font

1 - 20 of 33 Posts