Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Speak softly and carry a big stick. Teddy R
1,529 Posts
I was going to say something derogatory about HD. But no need, I love their bikes, but maybe they should pay a little more attention during testing, invest a little more of that shareholder money in design and testing to insure a person isn't hurt while riding do to their incompetence. Looks like lawsuits will be next on the big dogs list of to do next.

Reactions: LH Rizzi

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
This is old news .................this came out last year and plenty of threads on it.

Anyone consider Indian Chief clutch cables? Could be easily a recall there
Anyone consider the Vintage bags deal? Could be easily a recall there

HD had a hard bag recall also............

2014/2015 Chiefs had a brake master cylinder seal recall................

Anything else 'new' ?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Seen this post today looks like they are having a few problems over there.
Harley recalls nearly 46,000 motorcycles
I'll take a cable actuated clutch any day over a hydraulic actuated one. Something that works virtually 100% perfect doesn't need to be screwed with.. Change for the sake of change. Engineers trying to justify their job.

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,742 Posts
Slow news day lets being up something that people will talk about lol A good follow up article would be to mention that Harley extended the warranty on the hydraulic clutches for an extra two years.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Give the guy a break we have all done it one time or another. Hell I just did it the other day with a old thread , sometimes we just have brain farts and jump right in without checking. :p

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Seen this post today looks like they are having a few problems over there.
Harley recalls nearly 46,000 motorcycles
I say "he who is without sin throw the first stone" I prefer Indian to Harley but they are ALL guilty of failing to recall items quickly before it become a casualty. Scout throttle surge, fraying wires to rear lights, and then there was the brake recall, etc...

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Seen Recalls on most all kinds of vehicles .. But HD has had more than share lately .. Had 2 on my 2009 Ultra in the 3 Years owned it .. But had a lot more stuff that needed fixing under warranty than recalls ..

·
Registered
165 Posts
I wonder if the NYSE traders read the old news too? HOG got kicked in the teeth this morning...down 8% at one point.

Buy on the dips?

Text Blue Line Plot Font

1 - 20 of 33 Posts