Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just introduced myself in the newby forum. Been looking at Indians off and on since they were reintroduced. Must have stopped at Indian in Latrobe Pa 6 times.

Went up again today with wife. Told salesman, who was really good at his job (enthusiastic and new his product well), that I currently owned a 2013 Anniversary Electra Glide. He said, "Indian is running a discount. If you show me proof of ownership, they are offering $1,000 off." Showed me a flyer and I showed him my owners card.

Took me from highly considering to purchasing. Had a little extra cash from selling a 57 Chevy that I restored over 10 years - part here, part there, horse trading websites for paint jobs... 57s don't depreciate anymore, that ended 40 years ago. Got back into bikes, never drove it much after that and it deserved to be driven not sit in a garage.

Still have postpartum depression over that sale, which I think is the main reason I went with a 2015 willow and cream Vintage over red. Matched the teal 57 color almost exactly. Really liked red though.

Looking forward to many happy miles on the Indian. I ride 100 mile round trip to work and ride every weekend. Already have 17,500 on the 13 Harley. Trying to make up for lost seat time as I had a 40 year layoff due to a fairly life altering motorcycle crash in my late teens. Took a while but I'm back. Only big regret is I missed those 40 years.

Like what I have read so far. Trust me when I say all brands have their issues. I spent $700 bucks on a tuner and an engine fan just to stop heat issues/pinging on a brand new bike. Went through a couple tuners until I got a Fuelmoto Powervision which is really an excellent product.

Heat problems are Very common with the 103 air cools. But, still love that bike as I will the Indian - whether or not that damn seat fades prematurely or not. I'll deal with whatever comes.

I'll be asking some questions from the experts!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Cool!
Welcome to the family Chrisfoot. Sounds like you love to ride. Enjoy the new Indian and the forum.
Ride safe

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Great color combo, my favorite. I have the Red, only got 300 miles before the Snow. No complaints, don't expect to have any ether ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome aboard Crisfoot. You could not buy a better bike nor buy from a better dealer. Al & company are second to none. I bought my vintage last June from him after his demo days test ride. Best bike ever. They did not have the $1,000 back if you had a Harley then. I did get a $250.00 coupon for buying within 2 weeks after the ride. I only lasted 2 days. I ordered the bike over the phone on Monday no money down Al & company had the bike together with all the options I wanted installed ready to go on Friday. He told me about the $250.00 or I would have never known. I wonder how many dealers keep that a secret? I used it toward the accessories. I bought the springfield blue vintage.They did not offer the willow & creme in 2014. I would have got it. That is one beautiful machine in willow and creme two tone.

Yes my leather faded and I bought the dye from Fiebing and followed their instructions. I just finished it and it looks fantastic. The 2015 I understand uses a different process on the leather and it is not supposed to fade. You are going to love that bike. Polaris never thought the bike or the accessories would take off like they did. Everybody that has one loves it. I am 6'-1" 240lbs and when I sit on this bike it feels like it was custom made for me. Everything is in the right spot. I have friends that are 5'-6" 180 lbs and they say the same thing. Have fun with it and let me know when you get it. Maybe we can do a ride.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
Welcome to Indian, the forum and riding again! Be safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Just introduced myself in the newby forum. Been looking at Indians off and on since they were reintroduced. Must have stopped at Indian in Latrobe Pa 6 times.

Went up again today with wife. Told salesman, who was really good at his job (enthusiastic and new his product well), that I currently owned a 2013 Anniversary Electra Glide. He said, "Indian is running a discount. If you show me proof of ownership, they are offering $1,000 off." Showed me a flyer and I showed him my owners card.

Took me from highly considering to purchasing. Had a little extra cash from selling a 57 Chevy that I restored over 10 years - part here, part there, horse trading websites for paint jobs... 57s don't depreciate anymore, that ended 40 years ago. Got back into bikes, never drove it much after that and it deserved to be driven not sit in a garage.

Still have postpartum depression over that sale, which I think is the main reason I went with a 2015 willow and cream Vintage over red. Matched the teal 57 color almost exactly. Really liked red though.

Looking forward to many happy miles on the Indian. I ride 100 mile round trip to work and ride every weekend. Already have 17,500 on the 13 Harley. Trying to make up for lost seat time as I had a 40 year layoff due to a fairly life altering motorcycle crash in my late teens. Took a while but I'm back. Only big regret is I missed those 40 years.

Like what I have read so far. Trust me when I say all brands have their issues. I spent $700 bucks on a tuner and an engine fan just to stop heat issues/pinging on a brand new bike. Went through a couple tuners until I got a Fuelmoto Powervision which is really an excellent product.

Heat problems are Very common with the 103 air cools. But, still love that bike as I will the Indian - whether or not that damn seat fades prematurely or not. I'll deal with whatever comes.

I'll be asking some questions from the experts!
Welcome to the fold.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Welcome to Indian Motorcycles.
Sorry to hear about your Harley Haircut, a required procedure if you are actually to ride them.
No funny business with your Indian though, just gas and go.
I love mine.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
Divorce is always painful - never a clean break - more like splintered timber. Anyone, your new love will soon have you so enraptured that you'll forget all about 'her'..... Welcome to Satisfiedsville!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts