Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone let me know what size screws are used on the Indian windshield? We need that information to offer windshield cupholders.

Thank y'all for your help.

Isabel

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can someone let me know what size screws are used on the Indian windshield? We need that information to offer windshield cupholders.

Thank y'all for your help.

Isabel
Bolt
P/N 7518788 BLT-SHD,M6X1.0,7MM,9MM

Nut
P/N 7547300 TNUT-M6

Washer
P/N 5813188 WSHR-FL,11X18X1.59MM

5 of each to mount windshield to fairing.
Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bolt

Nut
P/N 7547300 TNUT-M6

Washer

Hope that helps.
I was wondering if you could tell me if they are standard or metric. Bolt + thread? 3/8, 1/4-20?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hey Isabel, I was the customer who called about this.

I ended up not purchasing a new bolt so I couldn't answer this question for you. While I was at it, I noticed that the provided mount on the cupholder positions the cupholder on the windshield in an off-angle, half-cocked sort of position. This is because the windshield bolt is right up next to the windshield mount, forcing you to install the cupholder not from the center-point of the cupholder but more from a position distal to center. This also pretty much negates the need for the outside concho, as it's pressed right up against the windshield mount.
Anyway, In order to mount it so that the conchos would be lined up parallel to the windshield, I cut a new hole in the leather about an inch to the side of the provided hole, and used the OEM Indian bolt & nut, which work just fine! In the first image below, you can see where the original mounting location is in relation to the new one.

It fits nicely and discretely between the windshield and handlebar, and the bottle I've got (650 mL Camelbak) fits just snug enough between the windshield and handlebar to remain secure and not apply too much pressure to the windshield (so long as I don't jam it into the cupholder).

I'm very happy with this purchase, it looks great and I like the little bit of leather fringe that the wind from under the windshield blows around on rides. I made sure to recommend this purchase on two forums and the FB page.

Best of luck further developing this for the Indian, and feel free to contact me if there's any way I can help. I believe you still have my email and phone number from the purchase but if not, PM me here.

Cheers

·
Registered
884 Posts
Bolt

Nut
P/N 7547300 TNUT-M6

Washer

Hope that helps.
Are these specs for the Chieftain/ Roadmaster or the Springfield/ Vintage/ Chief Classic?

·
Bronze member
1,206 Posts
Bolt

Nut
P/N 7547300 TNUT-M6

Washer

Hope that helps.
If you talking Roadmaster, these are special bolts...... the head of each bolts is (I'm guessing here) approximately 1/16" thick. I assume this is for proper alignment. I found this out when I dropped one on my gravel driveway.

·
Registered
884 Posts
If you talking Roadmaster, these are special bolts...... the head of each bolts is (I'm guessing here) approximately 1/16" thick. I assume this is for proper alignment. I found this out when I dropped one on my gravel driveway.
Yeah, and they are different from the windshield bolts used on the non-faired 111's, which is what Isabel is looking for -- These cup holders (as seen in my post) are for the Classic, Vintage, and Springfield to mount directly to the windshield bracket. I tried looking for these dimensions on Cheap Cycle Parts but it only sells the windshield hardware as a complete kit ($30).

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Love it...........making aftermarket parts and accessories and asking a forum for screw sizes. Nothing like getting off ass's and going to an Indian store and actually measuring them yourselves. I mean, you are making more than one, right? To sell, right?

·
Rider
655 Posts
Love it...........making aftermarket parts and accessories and asking a forum for screw sizes. Nothing like getting off ass's and going to an Indian store and actually measuring them yourselves. I mean, you are making more than one, right? To sell, right?
Bwana....maybe you and others don't know but Isabell had been very sick and going through chemo if I remember right. Not sure where they are in TN off the top of my head or how far from a dealer so cut em some slack. Captain Itch is working in the shop and if he can't drive her somewhere she decided to come to the second best place. One word_____, I'll let everyone else fill it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
884 Posts
Something I've learned about using the internet the hard way myself: Make the conscious effort to ask yourself, "Is this something I'd say in person to the person's face?" If the answer is No, or if you're not sure, then don't express yourself that way online. Just like with being in a car and road rage, it's easy to forget we're interacting with, and affecting, real people and not just a keyboard and interactive screen. BE HUMANE.

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Well since I cannot read a crystal ball and see what is bothering everyone I will stand by my previous quote. For anyone to even think of making anything to sell on the market with just technical info from a forum needs to find something else to do. Anybody realize how off someones general measurements are? But if this is the case I for one will avoid these products like the plague as fit and finish and quality control just might mean something. I realize its a cup holder thats a jr high project except for the CNC work ( if any ) but wow..........I find it a little embarrassing to be a manufacturer and ask members for measurements. Of a damn screw of all things. And yes I would say this to anyone in person. I dont erase post like BD or change my mind because its not politically correct. Just very strange that a vendor would ask this. And maybe before this was asked, post something like you are on your deathbed or hurting so maybe it will make sense.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The wife and I were at 2 Indian dealers here in Tennessee as I was looking for the screw size. They were not able to sell me a screw as neither one had them in stock. Now they Both would be very happy to sell me a 5 pack at $ 50.00 . So yes we did make an attempt to get this project underway and that is the reason I was asking ...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Captain Itch, I appreciate your products, the heat guard for my RM works great. In my view you have done nothing wrong here. I appreciate your trying to make things that we Indian owners want or need for Indian's.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I would be interested in a bottle holder that mounts on one of the rear crash bars...
Same here, Indian's is way way over priced.

Love the Crotch Cooler on my Chieftain.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts