Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently test rode a 16 Darkhorse with only 3,000 miles.
Coming off my Road King, I felt the turn in was very hard to do, almost like the bike wants to go straight.
Can a better handling tire help this?
As of now, it's keeping me from buying the bike.
Maybe I'm spoiled by my challenger....lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
My previous rides prior to my 16DH were a Heritage Softail and a Roadking. IMO, the DH rides like the Heritage, and handles like the RK. It's easier to shuffle around the garage than either model. Maybe it's the taller and wider bars than stock, with the 16" apes? I bought it long distance without a test ride. Hands down, the best bike I've owned.

·
Rider
943 Posts
I have ridden 4 RM and a Challenger and have not experienced this, all had sock tires.

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
I recently test rode a 16 Darkhorse with only 3,000 miles.
Coming off my Road King, I felt the turn in was very hard to do, almost like the bike wants to go straight.
Can a better handling tire help this?
As of now, it's keeping me from buying the bike.
Maybe I'm spoiled by my challenger....lol
I don't believe a tire change will make much difference. I think the Darkhorse you rode has a 29 degree rake while the other Indian models have 25 degree rake (I think). I have a '15 Vintage with the 29* rake. Way different slow speed handling that my '12 Road King.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts