Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a clear protective film to provide some protection for my hard saddlebags? I try not to kick them getting on and off, UT its happened one more than I like it to. I googled it and all I can find are HD ones.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
230 Posts
3M protective film works great.https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073XR7C5T/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=A1ABUKS4N3GS7S&psc=1

·
Registered
488 Posts
I am thinking about doing this, too. I was at the dealer this weekend and was looking over the new Challengers. A blue one they had on the floor had scuff marks in the tops of both saddlebags. I would be very unhappy if I was the manager/owner of the dealership.

Kathy

·
Registered
488 Posts
InvisiGard produces film for the front area of the top of the bags, from what I can see. I need to look and see if they have some for the entire top....

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just had my 2018 Chieftain done. I had them do the fairing, front fender, forks, front and rear of tank, front and top of the lids on the bags. I couldn't be more happier with the job Affordable Window Tinting in Tucson did on my bike. It was a little costly but well worth it to keep the chips off your paint along with the scuff marks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am thinking about doing this, too. I was at the dealer this weekend and was looking over the new Challengers. A blue one they had on the floor had scuff marks in the tops of both saddlebags. I would be very unhappy if I was the manager/owner of the dealership.

Kathy
I did just that! After a test ride on a nearly new Roadking a few years ago(before my Springfield) when I got off I noticed a new looking Scratch on the saddlebag lid, I did the decent thing and pointed it out to the salesman, he told me not to worry it happens alot and we can sort it.
I felt bad about it, but not so bad to make me buy the bike !

·
Registered
488 Posts
I just had my 2018 Chieftain done. I had them do the fairing, front fender, forks, front and rear of tank, front and top of the lids on the bags. I couldn't be more happier with the job Affordable Window Tinting in Tucson did on my bike. It was a little costly but well worth it to keep the chips off your paint along with the scuff marks.
A window tinting business did this for you? Is that something that most window tint businesses generally do?

·
Registered
68 Posts
No all window tinting shops do this. Before I had my Indian I had my Mercedes done in paint protectant at a high end tint/accessory shop.They did a flawless job that when I got the bike I took it to them. They said they couldn't do it since they didn't have a pattern to follow. So I read a thread were this guy had it done at Affordable so I took it there. The most difficult part is the fairing and it takes time and patience. Also if your going to do it make sure you do the forks. If you look at some bikes you will see pitting on the forks due to debris.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts