Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

hard lower fairing on springfield?

22K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  messygarage 
#1 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Cruiser Car
im curious as to what it would look like or if anyone has tried this look yet..adding the hard lower fairings, i bet it would look bamf

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Looks great. Some months ago one of our forum members (War Hoop?) posted a pic' of his scoot with colour-matched lowers off a HD (Roadglide I think it was). He had used the full size standard engine guards rather than the Lindby style lower guards but said he needed very little adaptation. I remember thinking how well the curves and less-boxy appearance of the HD lowers matched the curves of the Indian rear panniers... a lot cheaper too... but for my Springfield I'd have to first swap to full size engine guards...

#12 ·
Loved them on my Vintage even in the summer. When you get use to the storage it is hard to do without! I had to modify the turn signal mount to make them work but it is very do-able.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Cruiser

#13 ·
Loved them on my Vintage even in the summer. When you get use to the storage it is hard to do without! I had to modify the turn signal mount to make them work but it is very do-able.
View attachment 145769
i like the look just not the price ill add it to my someday list. thanks for the replies would live to see more if not i like the uniqueness of it!

#24 ·
I have the same issue. This is the only reason Indian says they're not compatible with the Springfield. I just got used to having less of a turning radius in parking lots (doesn't affect maneuvers at speed). I have been toying with the idea of fabricating a couple brackets that'll move the signals forward about a quarter inch but have just been too busy. If you come up with anything, let me know!

Reactions: Bmart and jam2310
#25 ·
What ever you do, don’t make them out of aluminum, that’s what I did cuz I got lazy and didn’t want to deal with sending pieces to get chromed. One bracket broke when I traveled to Oregon, the other broke a month later when I was in the middle of no where. So I said screw it and got some LEDs fog light with Amber rings integrated on them

Reactions: jam2310
#43 ·
Lee-Bro
When I mount the lowers for cool-season riding, I pull the polycarb, bolts and plates off of the deflectors, leaving only the base bracket still attached. They need a good cleaning by the end of Summer, anyway.

Reactions: Lee-Bro
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.