Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Hard bags on my Classic

5K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  pablo94 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire
I finally got my bags back from the painter and everything installed. I am very happy with the look. Going to try getting rid of the white walls next.

See less See more
#15 ·
Your bike looks great. I went with hard bags on my Vintage. I miss the Tan Saddle bag look, but you can't beat the versitilty of the hard bags
What versatility do you find with the hard bags over the leather? I mean capacity may be more and they may be easier to get into, but that doesn't mean versatile to me. Not being a smart ass but I specifically went with the Vintage because of the leather and leather bags. Hard bags on an Indian just don't do it for me for some reason.

#18 ·
I love hard bags on my Vintage. The leather look is beautiful. But, lockable hard bags exposed to weather seems easier to maintain. Not only that, integrated speakers are also nice...

View attachment 121697
I have to admit, that does look nice! There's a Willow Green on this site too posted with hard bags that too looks awesome. I guess I don't dislike the look, I've owned many a Harley and had to have hard bags; it just takes away from the "Indian" look and feel to me.

#21 ·
Few things I really like about the hard bags:
I like that they are much larger then the leather bags. I like that you can lock them. I like that they are more weather proof. I like that there is a power port on the inside of the right side bag. I really like the shape of the bags. I like how much easier it is to open them with one latch as opposed to three separate clips. I like how it looks similar from the profile with the bags off or on because of the way they are painted.

I purchased the black leather bags at the same time I purchased my bike. But I hardly ever rode with them installed because I didn't like that it covered up the two tone paint on my rear fender. Now I have the hard bags painted in a way I will ride with them installed much more often.

They are still quick release just like my leather bags were. There are a couple of plugs now to connect/disconnect when taking bags off and on.

I am very happy with how Indian designed these bikes with all the connectors in place and most of the quick release fittings in place so we can change the configuration of our bikes in minutes. The plugs for the bags were ready and waiting for me to install the hard bags. The wiring for the saddlebag lock switch was right there under the dash next to the speedo wiring. It's all plug and play. How can you not love that?

I also didn't swap my mufflers so I don't have those brackets on my mufflers like the Chieftain. Instead of changing mufflers I simply shimmed the support bracket so the bag sits on the muffler when installed. I will monitor it and there is a little melting of the rubber on the support bracket I will add some insulator to it like header tape. We will see. I want to have that clean look in case there are still times I want to strip my bike down and ride without the bags.

#26 ·
My Dealer has done several for customers before they went out the door as a new bike. I saw 3 of them over the last couple of years, they looked great.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

#33 ·
View attachment 121265 View attachment 121257 View attachment 121249 I finally got my bags back from the painter and everything installed. I am very happy with the look. Going to try getting rid of the white walls next.
Wide white walls rock with black and cream. Just dust them with Scotch guard once they are clean and let them dry and you can ride 3-4 months before they get dirty again except if you ride in the rain. But that is any tire.

Black and Cream rules!

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.