Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nice bike. Would really look good with cast alum. rims and black tubeless tires. I did the Chieftain rims and tire change out on my Classic a year ago after a bad experience with a severed valve stem in the rear tube. Wasn't cheap, but glad I did it...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice bike. Would really look good with cast alum. rims and black tubeless tires. I did the Chieftain rims and tire change out on my Classic a year ago after a bad experience with a severed valve stem in the rear tube. Wasn't cheap, but glad I did it...
What I would like to do is pull off my wheels and powder coat the rims in black

·
Registered
230 Posts
Your bike looks great. I went with hard bags on my Vintage. I miss the Tan Saddle bag look, but you can't beat the versitilty of the hard bags
What versatility do you find with the hard bags over the leather? I mean capacity may be more and they may be easier to get into, but that doesn't mean versatile to me. Not being a smart ass but I specifically went with the Vintage because of the leather and leather bags. Hard bags on an Indian just don't do it for me for some reason.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
What versatility do you find with the hard bags over the leather? I mean capacity may be more and they may be easier to get into, but that doesn't mean versatile to me. Not being a smart ass but I specifically went with the Vintage because of the leather and leather bags. Hard bags on an Indian just don't do it for me for some reason.
Agree with you. The reason I bought my Vintage was the beautiful look of the Tan saddle bags. Actually still have them. But I ride my bike to work every day and need the security locking feature of the hard bags, not to mention my brief case and gym bag won't fit in the soft bags.
So for me the Hard Bags are more versatile , meaning I can fit both brief case and gym bag in the Hard bags and still have room for a few small items when I stop at the grocery store .

·
Registered
230 Posts
I love hard bags on my Vintage. The leather look is beautiful. But, lockable hard bags exposed to weather seems easier to maintain. Not only that, integrated speakers are also nice...

View attachment 121697
I have to admit, that does look nice! There's a Willow Green on this site too posted with hard bags that too looks awesome. I guess I don't dislike the look, I've owned many a Harley and had to have hard bags; it just takes away from the "Indian" look and feel to me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts