Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what others do with the bags they have on their bikes? Do you leave them as is or have you put some type of decals or custom paint jobs on them?

pictures of you have done anything be nice to see.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chieftain Base++++
455 Posts
At the moment mine are original but I've been wanting to add something for the longest time! There are a lot of options out there, some big and bold (not my style) and some more subtle (the direction I'd go). A single decal on the rear of the right bag is what I'm thinking, but time will tell. Good luck with your decision !

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I sourced an American/Philippine flag badge and put it on each bag in between the hinges. Subtle, not tacky, and a testament to my marriage.

Reactions: MarkS

·
Silver member
4,789 Posts
Maybe it’s just me but I think that decals would appear a bit tacky. They don’t last long. If you just had to affix some sort of adornments I’d consider those chrome auto medals for starters. Seen them on other bikes before, looks nice if tastefully done.

Some dudes do pin-striping, others do flames, skulls, Indian type logos, nekkid or scantily ladies, suns/moons, military inscriptions, well you get the idea. Sort of like nose art on WW2 bombers and fighters. Not for me but to each his own. I have and love the ‘14 leather saddlebags on my ‘14 Vintage but I’ve toyed with the idea of one day getting just the right looking and meaning adornment (whatever floats my boat at the time) and affixing it somewhere I think that it would look cool. Went through the Zambini Indianhead thing awhile back but decided against it. Just haven’t come across that one item or idea yet. Maybe one day.

I have those chrome military auto medals on the rear window on my Toyota FJ Cruiser, an 82nd Airborne Division patch and parachute wings. Can’t find one for the 172nd LIB or for the 23rd Inf and the 325th AIR just yet, but I’m still looking.

You keep looking too. Go to bike rallys and check out the vendors. There’s a good chance that you’ll find something suitable there. And the bigger the rally, the more vendors you’ll find. You’ll be limited by your check book and imagination only then.

Keep us posted!

·
Rider
1,073 Posts
I'm debating same thing, Chieftain has enough bling already, may just leave well enough alone

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m keeping an eye open but haven’t seen anything. There’s one company that does some interesting Indian head decals but I already have that in the tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts