Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I have a 2015 red Chief Classic. Love it, and have a tall windshield, corbin seat, deflectors, etc. I find it kinda silly that the only reason I am looking at the Springfield is because it has locking hard bags.

Is it possible to find a pair of matching hard bags without spending more than $1000? After spending a lot of money on purchasing those accessories that make the bike comfortable for me, trading in my bike would not be my first choice.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
The price is WELL over 1K. The steering is also faster on the Springfield. There are other differences, though minor, also......

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Just spent $2500 for a complete set and felt lucky that I didn't have to paint them. Found Black Roadmaster take offs. My wallet is still hurting. The way I look at it is I saved about $3000 going with the Vintage over Springfield at time of purchase. MSRP on Springfield $1000 more . Vintage had $1000 in free accessories promo when purchase, which was going to be spend on accessories anyway. And Dealer discounted Vintage extra $1000, because he had more in stock than Springfield. Now I have the ability to switch from Hard bags to soft bags. The OEM bags are very expensive but in my opinion worth the money. Hated the market price but love the hard bags. Plus if I ever sell the bike I can recoup some of the cost by selling hard bags separately.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
Folks,

I have a 2015 red Chief Classic. Love it, and have a tall windshield, corbin seat, deflectors, etc. I find it kinda silly that the only reason I am looking at the Springfield is because it has locking hard bags.

Is it possible to find a pair of matching hard bags without spending more than $1000? After spending a lot of money on purchasing those accessories that make the bike comfortable for me, trading in my bike would not be my first choice.

Any suggestions?
Prices are ranging in the $2200. to $2800. A pretty good deal i=especially if can find ones that match your paint.

INDIAN HARD SADDLEBAGS (TAKE OFFS FROM NEW ROADMASTER) RED/CREAM

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Folks,

Any suggestions?
No!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another option is the Mustang leather wrapped hard bags. They are a very nice, locking bag. Also, they are quick disconnecting so you can remove the entire bags if you wanna ride without or take them off for any reason. Oh, and they are about $720 plus the easy bracket at $150. See pics of my rig. I absolutely love these bags
bags5.jpg bags3.jpg
bags2.jpg

Reactions: EssEll
1 - 13 of 13 Posts