Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I dropped the left side bag by accident and it ripped the 2 wires out of the connector. I tried shoving them back in but they don't work.
Any ideas? Is there a replacement connector or a way to recrimp and connect? I'm not even sure which wire goes into which side.
Thanks in advance
Jim

·
Rider
1,262 Posts
You could go to a good electronics store and buy a new connector kit and assemble yourself. Get a copy of the wiring diagram from someone here or buy your own service manual.Rebuilding the old connector is really difficult to do and is just easier buying the new one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep That's what I'm thinking. I've never seen that particular connector. Looks like an amazon search!
thanks
Jim

·
Rider
522 Posts
If you look for the part number on the connector,(very small print) you can find the pins and or sockets you need (depending on which side pulled out.) Make sure you get the ones sized for the wires in use. Each connector uses a specific pin or socket that locks in. Sounds more complicated than it is.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
It's a Delphi PA66 connector and should be available to buy. However, you can gernally disassemble them and reset the wires into the metal tabs.

Pull the blue cap (this pic shows black) from the back of the connector and the push the metal bits and the round silicon seals out of the plug. Push the cable back in from the rear. Push the seals over the wires, crimp the wires into the metal things, gently pull the cable back into position. Replace the cap.

The metal pieces have a little lock tab on them and it might be necessary to buy new ones at an electronics store if they get damaged on the way out.

You can see from the socket on the bike which way round the wires go. On my bike there's one orange and one red/white.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's a Delphi PA66 connector and should be available to buy. However, you can gernally disassemble them and reset the wires into the metal tabs.

Pull the blue cap (this pic shows black) from the back of the connector and the push the metal bits and the round silicon seals out of the plug. Push the cable back in from the rear. Push the seals over the wires, crimp the wires into the metal things, gently pull the cable back into position. Replace the cap.

The metal pieces have a little lock tab on them and it might be necessary to buy new ones at an electronics store if they get damaged on the way out.

View attachment 576298

You can see from the socket on the bike which way round the wires go. On my bike there's one orange and one red/white.
You might want to get then crimper that's made for the Delphi connectors, one squeeze and its all done and the are not that expensive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts