Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The HF motorcycle chock works for my 2014 Chieftain. However, I did cut 2” off of the top of the wheel chock because I felt it came to close to my fender and was concerned that while transporting the bike across the country hitting a big pothole could cause the front forks to compress enough to potentially cause contact. I was probably being overly cautious, but it was an easy modification to do with the $10 HF grinder.

My only complaint about the HF chock is that the weight of the bike makes getting the bike back out of the chock very difficult (and I am not a little guy). To get it out of the chock more easily, I insert a 2x4 below the front edge of the front tire and push the other end of the 2x4 down to lift the tire enough to make it easier to get my bike back out of the chock. Maybe someone has a better way of doing that.
I had a bike stuck like a mofo in a wheel chock once. after an hour of straining my back (that sucker was STUCK), a light bulb came on. I let some air out of the tire and she easily rolled out. Not sure if that will help for this situation but it sure did for me. So now I just put the front tire down to 20psi when I trailer the bike and it seems to work just fine. hope that helps someone!

·
Registered
2021 Indian Chieftain
16 Posts
Have the HF black one like everyone above is describing. It does not hit the front fender on my '21 Chieftain.

Although I agree with everyone that getting that 800lb+ beast out of it is not an easy task (tried to use b*tch but forum tagged it as inappropriate). Did it once alone and my 60 yo back screamed at me for 2 days for being an idiot. Next time I got my brother to come over and push on the highway bars in front to help me get it down.

Have never really looked at clearance from catch mechanism to fender but next time I have it loaded in that will definitely get an eyeball. The chock does hold my Chieftain up without a problem and have put on the highway bars, air filter and exhaust system without the bike moving at all- all work done without even strapping the bike into the chock so it does keep the bike solid. But if I was using it for transport that would be an obvious time for straps.

Definitely watch some YouTube videos for the experts way of strapping a bike in for haul. I have used a friends Kendon trailer and with the help of YouTubers my Road King did not move for the 1000 mile trip using 4 well placed straps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have the HF black one like everyone above is describing. It does not hit the front fender on my '21 Chieftain.

Although I agree with everyone that getting that 800lb+ beast out of it is not an easy task (tried to use b*tch but forum tagged it as inappropriate). Did it once alone and my 60 yo back screamed at me for 2 days for being an idiot. Next time I got my brother to come over and push on the highway bars in front to help me get it down.

Have never really looked at clearance from catch mechanism to fender but next time I have it loaded in that will definitely get an eyeball. The chock does hold my Chieftain up without a problem and have put on the highway bars, air filter and exhaust system without the bike moving at all- all work done without even strapping the bike into the chock so it does keep the bike solid. But if I was using it for transport that would be an obvious time for straps.

Definitely watch some YouTube videos for the experts way of strapping a bike in for haul. I have used a friends Kendon trailer and with the help of YouTubers my Road King did not move for the 1000 mile trip using 4 well placed straps.
I am going to use mine trailering only. I am guessing that I'll be looking for a hill to unload from.. LOL .. My 60 year old back was broke in 1981.. It hates getting out of bed, let alone tugging on an 800-900lb moto sikle.. LOL ... Thanks for your post.. please let us know when you look at that catch clearance. Sounds like everyone is cutting 1-4" on the front and the majority is cutting 3/4' from the back. I have yet to buy mine but I will probably cut 2" front and the obligatory 3/4" of the back side .. Also I've seen a video where a fellow used bolts on the front and bushings and washer for stability...
Ride Safe!

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Smoke Chieftain
13 Posts
I have the black HF chock and it fits my 2020 perfect. I am 61 5'8" and can get it out easily. I get on the bike, lean forward compressing the fork a little, then lean back pushing with the legs firmly and lifting with arms which only moves the bike probably less than an inch but I lock the front brake before the bike can settle back down. Repeat about 3 time and it is out. I tried to get out with one big grunt and as mentioned above , my back did not like it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the black HF chock and it fits my 2020 perfect. I am 61 5'8" and can get it out easily. I get on the bike, lean forward compressing the fork a little, then lean back pushing with the legs firmly and lifting with arms which only moves the bike probably less than an inch but I lock the front brake before the bike can settle back down. Repeat about 3 time and it is out. I tried to get out with one big grunt and as mentioned above , my back did not like it.
I am going to use mine trailering only. I am guessing that I'll be looking for a hill to unload from.. LOL .. My 60 year old back was broke in 1981.. It hates getting out of bed, let alone tugging on an 800-900lb moto sikle.. LOL ... Thanks for your post.. please let us know when you look at that catch clearance. Sounds like everyone is cutting 1-4" on the front and the majority is cutting 3/4' from the back. I have yet to buy mine but I will probably cut 2" front and the obligatory 3/4" of the back side .. Also I've seen a video where a fellow used bolts on the front and bushings and washer for stability...
Ride Safe!
Did you cut the 2" and 3/4" ? How did it work? any photos? I'm going to use mine for trailering only as well but it's still in the box waiting while I decide if i need to cut and modify. I have a 16 Springfield.. funny thing, I broke a vertebrea in 1980 in a car wreck and i am 60 too.... back to the subject, I saw a video where a guy used 1/2" plywood and cut it to fit behind the back "flipper" and it made loading and unloading much easier.. also put a 1/4" piece in the front.. he did it for the shop loading but i believe it will help with trailering... here it is, I believe it will help unless you've got all figured out...
thanks.. any info would be appreciated...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Did you cut the 2" and 3/4" ? How did it work? any photos? I'm going to use mine for trailering only as well but it's still in the box waiting while I decide if i need to cut and modify. I have a 16 Springfield.. funny thing, I broke a vertebrea in 1980 in a car wreck and i am 60 too.... back to the subject, I saw a video where a guy used 1/2" plywood and cut it to fit behind the back "flipper" and it made loading and unloading much easier.. also put a 1/4" piece in the front.. he did it for the shop loading but i believe it will help with trailering... here it is, I believe it will help unless you've got all figured out...
thanks.. any info would be appreciated...
I had to cut the front. The rear barely clears but I cut some off the rear too.
2017 Springfield. I bolted it to my 5½ x 10 trailer. It is extremely solid. I also removed the eye tie down bolts & bolted the arms down to the trailer. Check out Steal Running straps. Best straps out there. Also when the wheel chock is bolted down the motorcycle comes out easy.
Wheel Tire Bicycle Bicycle wheel rim Motor vehicle

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had to cut the front. The rear barely clears but I cut some off the rear too.
2017 Springfield. I bolted it to my 5½ x 10 trailer. It is extremely solid. I also removed the eye tie down bolts & bolted the arms down to the trailer. Check out Steal Running straps. Best straps out there. Also when the wheel chock is bolted down the motorcycle comes out easy.
View attachment 694085
I have a 5 x8 trailer and have made the rear gate close at different levels to allow for the length of the bike. I was going to bolt down the front cross bar to the traler but use really long eye bolts thru the front frame of the trailer as strap mounting points. check out the video i posted.. the dude had a couple of great ideas. so I guess I'm going to cut mine 2" in the front and 3/4" in the back. Thanks for the info and tip on the straps. I will check them out! Ride Safe!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts