Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a 2017 Limited front tire will fit into Harbor freight wheel Chock--California bound for 3 weeks

·
Registered
15 Posts
While I'm not positive as I don't own it, based on reading reviews of the chock I don't see a problem. Reviews mention people used them for Goldwings and other baggers/touring bikes.

I'd buy it early and ride around with it though. In my experience Harbor freight is hit or miss. If this is a miss you're going to want to know sooner rather than later

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the HF wheel choke. It works on my chieftain with the 16 inch front wheel and traditional fender. Also worked with my Goldwing F6B.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The HF motorcycle chock works for my 2014 Chieftain. However, I did cut 2” off of the top of the wheel chock because I felt it came to close to my fender and was concerned that while transporting the bike across the country hitting a big pothole could cause the front forks to compress enough to potentially cause contact. I was probably being overly cautious, but it was an easy modification to do with the $10 HF grinder.

My only complaint about the HF chock is that the weight of the bike makes getting the bike back out of the chock very difficult (and I am not a little guy). To get it out of the chock more easily, I insert a 2x4 below the front edge of the front tire and push the other end of the 2x4 down to lift the tire enough to make it easier to get my bike back out of the chock. Maybe someone has a better way of doing that.

·
Bronze member
1,187 Posts
I have the HF chock, been afraid of using it because it looks like it will contact the rear of the front fender. So not sure but Silverback said to use a 2x4 to lift the tire. So I may try that. I put the chock on the HF lift and the lift still seems a bit wobbly. Havent had the bike all the way in the air yet due to some concern about DIXIE falling off the thing. Any ideas about stabilizing the lift of if the chock will impact the rear of the front fender, please let me know.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The HF chock will not hit the rest of the fender. Pulling it out of the chock is the challenge due to the Weight of the bike and the height of the pivot shaft that the tire has to go over as you roll the bike into and out of the chock. I place the 2x4 under the leading edge of the front tire and lift the tire some when I am ready to get the bike out of the chock.
i would not recommend using the HF chock on a lift — i would use a bolt-down tire clamp.

·
Bronze member
1,187 Posts
Thanks SB. I have the Chock bolted to the lift. Just so I can get the bike locked in so I can strap it down, .

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have the HF chock, been afraid of using it because it looks like it will contact the rear of the front fender. So not sure but Silverback said to use a 2x4 to lift the tire. So I may try that. I put the chock on the HF lift and the lift still seems a bit wobbly. Havent had the bike all the way in the air yet due to some concern about DIXIE falling off the thing. Any ideas about stabilizing the lift of if the chock will impact the rear of the front fender, please let me know.
I used my on my 16 RM with a leather splash guard no clearance or modi cations needed

·
Rider
997 Posts
I use HF chock for my '16 Roadmaster in my trailer. It was fairly close to the rear of the fender, so I trimmed 1" off the chock. Works great, but takes a bit of a tug to get it out.

--
Gordon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts