Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Founding member / distinguished
4,967 Posts
Mine must be at least six or seven years old, definitely worth 300 bucks. It's lifted a lot of bikes in that time, including my 800 lb Vintage....though I didn't really feel comfortable raising a bike that heavy on it, in spite of it's rating. It takes about fourty foot pumps to get it to maximum height, but I can use the excersize. I will probably repaint the steel deck this year, it's started to peel and chip up quite a bit, but it's been problem free otherwise. If you buy one, spring for the better front wheel chock.

Last week I used it to clean and adjust my Triumph's chain. Sure beats slogging about the cement floor on your knees...
IMG_20190421_112354309_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I got one for Christmas and have yet to put my Chieftain DH up on it. I’m still trying to figure out how to get it on the lift without driving the bike on its side. Don’t know if I want to ride it on, or push it on. Any suggestions? My feet wouldn't touch the ground if I rode it on.

Bubba

·
Rider
365 Posts
I got one for Christmas and have yet to put my Chieftain DH up on it. I’m still trying to figure out how to get it on the lift without driving the bike on its side. Don’t know if I want to ride it on, or push it on. Any suggestions? My feet wouldn't touch the ground if I rode it on.

Bubba
Place something of the same height as the lowered stand on either side as a place for your feet when you ride it on.

·
Silver member
3,142 Posts
I've been thinking about getting a HF table.

Question... When not in use can the table be tipped on its side and leaned up against a wall to save floor space? Would tipping it on its side mess with the hydraulics?

I wouldn't be able to park the bike on it when not in use. I need the option of moving stuff around in the garage when I use my woodworking / shop tools. Planer, table saw, yada yada. Plus I have a couple of stacks of hardwood in the garage on moveable platforms. I put EVERYTHING on wheels LOL.

·
Rider
1,050 Posts
Lay a 2x4 or two next to it. Add one on top of another if needed then on the top one make it a little shorter by where you feet would so it steps up and you can get good footing. Scream them to get her then put some non skid tape from Home Depot on the exposed part of the bottom 2x4 then along the length of the top one. Just an idea Bubba

·
4,967 Posts
Place something of the same height as the lowered stand on either side as a place for your feet when you ride it on.
Also, chock the lift's wheels with something before you ride or even push the bike up onto the table. Otherwise, on cement floors, the table tends to roll forward when your bike's front wheel hits the shallow steel ramp.
I just jam a couple of hardware store rubber door stop wedges under the table's larger steel wheels. Works well enough.

As for myself, I've always pushed my bikes onto the table, not ridden them. Too many 'America's Funniest Home Video' opportunities to be had doing that, especially with a bike as large and heavy as any of the 111 Indians.

·
4,967 Posts

Question... When not in use can the table be tipped on its side and leaned up against a wall to save floor space? Would tipping it on its side mess with the hydraulics?

I wouldn't be able to park the bike on it when not in use. I need the option of moving stuff around in the garage when I use my woodworking / shop tools. Planer, table saw, yada yada. Plus I have a couple of stacks of hardwood in the garage on moveable platforms. I put EVERYTHING on wheels LOL.
It's a cheap table, but still heavy enough that putting it on its side for storage could be hernia-inspiring.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Lay a 2x4 or two next to it. Add one on top of another if needed then on the top one make it a little shorter by where you feet would so it steps up and you can get good footing. Scream them to get her then put some non skid tape from Home Depot on the exposed part of the bottom 2x4 then along the length of the top one. Just an idea Bubba
Thanks, I’ll try it. I have plenty of non-skid strips to put on it. I lined the lift with them to prevent slipping when riding it on (stock tires ain’t got no tread pattern to speak of).

Bubba

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Thanks. I’ll try anything to keep from dropping the DH.

Bubba

·
Registered
3,405 Posts

My lift weighs too much to pick up and move much. But, I also bolted it to the cement floor to prevent slippage. Space is not a problem for me as I have a 3500 sqft steel bldg for my toys.

Bubba

·
Rider
425 Posts

Bubba
I ride mine on and put my feet on the floor of the lift. There's plenty of room. I take it slow, though. I've had a Scout Bobber, Chief Vintage, Chieftain Classic, Street Glide, and Road King Classic on mine. Haven't put the Roadmaster on there yet, but plan to soon.

·
Rider
396 Posts
I have one the pump spit out its fluid on. Haven't gotten around to seeing what is wrong with it. The surface of that lift is really slick definitely want to put some non-slip on mine. +1 on chocking it or putting something to hold it in place it can slide. I saw a video where someone put rubber feet on the bolts that are supposed to get the lift off of its wheels.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Also, chock the lift's wheels with something before you ride or even push the bike up onto the table. Otherwise, on cement floors, the table tends to roll forward when your bike's front wheel hits the shallow steel ramp.
I just jam a couple of hardware store rubber door stop wedges under the table's larger steel wheels. Works well enough.

As for myself, I've always pushed my bikes onto the table, not ridden them. Too many 'America's Funniest Home Video' opportunities to be had doing that, especially with a bike as large and heavy as any of the 111 Indians.
I welded short legs to the bottom of the table top, 2 at each end of the square tubes under the table, so that the legs are supporting the top on the floor when the lift is in the down position. No more moving around while loading a bike onto it, and if I want to move the table it only takes a couple of pumps to lift the legs off the floor. When it's up, I can roll the table around the shop with a bike on it, as long as I retract the screw down feet first.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts