Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Happy with my decision, but I'm sure I'll have to change the back suspension

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Hey Yu 
#1 ·
I just watched a great video on the Indian Scout and two issues came to his attention, the soft brake system and the suspension. He's 200lb and had some teeth nagging over some bumps so can you imagine me at 6' 250'lb and the occasional passenger to boot at 140'lb?

Like I said, I will not change my mind even if I have to combine a weight watchers and all grass diet!!!...:)

2015 Indian Scout Demo Ride | coolcycledude.com

#3 ·
I am no expert on motorcycles and neither is the guy who made that video and review of the Scout. Amateurs hoping to make a name for himself are everywhere on the internet. Anyone with a camera and a internet connection can express their opinions and videos for the world to see. No qualifications needed.

#4 ·
My Wife and I will be close to 400 lbs Combined .. Have a Feeling she will just opt for Rides on the Victory for 2 up fun .. Unless maybe just a short run for a Dinner or Bike Night Thing .. 700+ Miles Solo so far don't really have any major complaints ..

#6 ·
I just can't imagine the Scout being a useful two-up bike even though it's load capacity is an impressive 430#. Yup.. better rear suspension and maybe some beefed up fork springs when available.

Reactions: 2506
#8 ·
I just watched a great video on the Indian Scout and two issues came to his attention, the soft brake system and the suspension. He's 200lb and had some teeth nagging over some bumps so can you imagine me at 6' 250'lb and the occasional passenger to boot at 140'lb?

Like I said, I will not change my mind even if I have to combine a weight watchers and all grass diet!!!...:)

2015 Indian Scout Demo Ride | coolcycledude.com
With 1,100 miles on our 2015 Scout, there is no doubt that the rear shocks have to be replaced. I bought this bike for my wife tor replace her Harley. I've tried every conceivable adjustment from full soft to full hard. Nothing works. Its a bone caring adventure. They feel like there is very little or next to none rebound damping. The shocks are going to go, and I'll cross-reference a aftermarket shock to fit. the mounts are standard and the length is 11-3/4". There has to be something out there that will fit. I actually would like to fit a slightly longer shock for more travel.

#11 ·
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.