Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Springfield Blue Vintage finally arrive yesterday! I bought it last Friday, Nov. 8th at Lynnwood Motoplex in Lynnwood Washington. I live in Springfield, Oregon (about 260 miles away), so I had it shipped down to Oregon. It was supposed to be shipped to Eugene (about 5 miles away). When I called the shipping company yesterday morning to arrange for me to pick it up, I was told that it was at their warehouse in Salem (60 miles away), and that they had just delivered a load of motorcycles to Eugene the day before, and that they wouldn't be able to deliver my bike until next Thursday. :(

No way was I going to wait until next Thursday to ride my new Indian, when it was just 60 miles away! So, my wife and I got into the Suburban and drove to Salem to pick it up. :) I rode it home 60 miles down Interstate 5 with my wife following me, hit a little rain on the way (this is Oregon, after all), and managed to get a little riding in through some nice turns along the McKenzie River before it got dark. What a great ride!

As Phil Robertson would say, I'm happy happy happy!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know the feeling. I am glad that another got delivered.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I share your enthusiasim as I have a springfield blue Vintage too. Enjoying every ride especialy since I will have to store my bikes very soon.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You only had to wait a week and you got a numbered bike? Good for you, but wow that is nuts compared to how long some of us had to wait. Congrats on your bike! Ride safe.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here in Oregon, we can ride through the winter. We don't get much snow, and we typically get a dry day at least once or twice a week. I'm self employed and semi retired, so when it's riding weather, I tell my son and daughter (who work for me) 'watch the shop. Dad's going for a ride'.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
'I'm self employed and semi retired, so when it's riding weather, I tell my son and daughter (who work for me) 'watch the shop. Dad's going for a ride'.'

Now <em>that's</em> how it's supposed to be done!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
18515 said:
You only had to wait a week and you got a numbered bike? Good for you, but wow that is nuts compared to how long some of us had to wait. Congrats on your bike! Ride safe.
I called the dealer up in Washington a couple of weeks ago to ask if they had a bike that I could take a test ride on if I made the drive up there. I was told that they did, and that another customer had to back out of purchasing a blue Vintage. It was a numbered bike, and if I gave them a deposit they would hold it for me until I got there. He said that if I didn't want it after the test ride, that he would return my deposit.

After the test ride, there was no chance that I would let someone else have that motorcycle!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the bike! My riding situation is very similar to yours, except that the winter months are my only time to ride - I work daylight hours, 7 days/week from June - Oct, so Oct through to May is my riding season.

What number's your bike? Mine's a black Vintage #700.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations on the new Indian. Enjoy and ride safe.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
18659 said:
Congrats on the bike! My riding situation is very similar to yours, except that the winter months are my only time to ride - I work daylight hours, 7 days/week from June - Oct, so Oct through to May is my riding season.

What number's your bike? Mine's a black Vintage #700.
Thanks 502 flier. My bike's a blue Vintage, #1379.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations Will! :) They are GREAT bikes, Man! Hey, I was in early but I'm glad you got a numbered bike! A little icing on the very good cake. Enjoy.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks RedChieftain. It's been about thirty years since I've owned a motorcycle. The only riding that I've done recently has been limited to test riding two Victories, two Harleys, a Triumph and my Indian. I'm still getting used to riding again, and enjoying every minute of it. This Vintage is amazing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts