Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for those that have changed their bars. I went with the KST, and am very happy with them, but I think I want to go lower. I ride this bike much differently than my Road Glide and want to adjust the bars to fit the change in my riding style. So I'm looking for a set of bars maybe 1.5" taller than stock. Anyone find anything like that? I actually like the stock bars pullback and width, when they are turned up, I just need them a little taller.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Maybe the reduced reach factory bar and pushed up as high as they will go? They are 2" closer, so if you raised them, they would probably be higher???

·
Registered
182 Posts
WIKD1 - Do you have the same 2-3 inches of rotation with the KST's that is in the stock bars? Been lookin at the KST's for over a month now but worried that they would be too tall for me. Like you I would like to go up about 2 inches on the stock bars but I am waiting to get the saddle figured out first. Will probably reach out to Mean City Cycles again and see if they can move me back about an inch. The extended reach seat puts me too far back. As 39 Chev suggested, I am also looking at the reduced reach bars thinking they might might work but only see them in chrome right now on the Indian site. Also wondering if Inidian's mid rise bars rotated down would work?? Plan on getting to the dealer before the end of the month to take advantage of the discounts so I guess I'll see if they can show me a good comparison on the different bars.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't rotated the KST's down as I think that will bring them too close to me. As it is since I put them on I have been sitting further back so rotating them towards me to lower them seems like a bad idea.
I had not thought about the reduced reach bars, but I'd have to see them on a bike first. When I bought mine the salesman talked me into the Indian mid rise bars and I installed them. I absolutely hated them, so much so that I stopped riding the bike as much. They were wide, had a flat, almost mountainbike like, grip angle and flex horribly when you threw the bike into an aggressive curve. Luckily I don't have any of those gripes with the KST bars.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I haven't rotated the KST's down as I think that will bring them too close to me. As it is since I put them on I have been sitting further back so rotating them towards me to lower them seems like a bad idea.
I had not thought about the reduced reach bars, but I'd have to see them on a bike first. When I bought mine the salesman talked me into the Indian mid rise bars and I installed them. I absolutely hated them, so much so that I stopped riding the bike as much. They were wide, had a flat, almost mountainbike like, grip angle and flex horribly when you threw the bike into an aggressive curve. Luckily I don't have any of those gripes with the KST bars.
I absolutely love my KST bars! Look good with the extra thickness.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I sat on one at the dealership with the Indian mid rise bars. I can't believe anyone likes them. You are correct, they have no pullback, almost straight out and wide.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,807 Posts
Comfort is king. You have to go with what works for you. I'm thinking the handlebars may be the same ones they use on the Chieftains and RMs. If so there might be plenty of aftermarket choices of different rises and pull backs as well as wrist angles. I think Klockwerks might even have a version of their Klip-Apes which have adjustable wrist angle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts